Finally, a cure for Wuhan Virus found

saakura

I'm not sure, based on the report, you could call it a "cure"...  a treatment that was successful in helping the infected patient to recover, yes.

The drugs they used are ones that China doctors and others around the world have been looking at as possible treatments for the virus.  That the Thai doctors here were able to use them, in a particular combination, to help one patient recover is promising, but not exactly earth-shaking quite yet.

For starters, let's see if the same treatment regimen can successfully be used on other patients.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not sure, based on the report, you could call it a "cure"...  a treatment that was successful in helping the infected patient to recover, yes.

The drugs they used are ones that China doctors and others around the world have been looking at as possible treatments for the virus.  That the Thai doctors here were able to use them, in a particular combination, to help one patient recover is promising, but not exactly earth-shaking quite yet.

For starters, let's see if the same treatment regimen can successfully be used on other patients.

Yes it probably is the same treatment as in China. Maybe the Chinese had lots of cases that recovered using this method.

I forget the exact figures but something like 15,000 cases and 400 deaths. 

Thailand has had 19 cases and 0 deaths. Would this treatment give 0 deaths if Thailand had 15,000 cases?

I mean... just because 1 person was cured doesn't mean it is a definite cure.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, saakura said:

Bangkok Post headline news is reporting that 2 doctors in Ratchawithee Hospital in Bangkok have been successful in finding a cure for the dreaded killer Wuhan Virus.

That is not being reported.  It was reported that two drugs had been found that were being used to treat the virus.  Nowhere did the Bangkok Post report say that a cure had been found by Thai doctors.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That is not being reported.  It was reported that two drugs had been found that were being used to treat the virus.  Nowhere did the Bangkok Post report say that a cure had been found by Thai doctors.

It was in the title but they changed it. 

48 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

They're ain't no cure. They may have found a way to subdue it and bring patient back to health, but that and 'cure' are vastly different.

The 71 year old woman is cure. 

The two doctors research the MERS and SARS information 10 days already. Use that information to mix flu drug and HIV drug. The woman cure in 48 hours. 

The doctor now go to China to help and test on more people. See if it work on other sick people have corona. 

Many on this thread will mock, critisize and ridicule. Because it is Thai doctor. Sure. 

The doctor hope it will cure other people. They not confirm it will cure everyone. But they trying, not complaining, mock and ridicule.

If it can successful will safe many life, stop many people get sick and help the world economy, many business from many country. Billions of dollar.

i hope it successful.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/attachments/2019/10/29/st_20191029_skinfect_5214565.pdf

0ED033FB-3882-486D-9FD8-4E56483410F4.jpeg

Edited by Yinn
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tayaout said:
13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It was in the title but they changed it. 

No, it wasn't. I read it this morning, no claim of Thai doctors finding a cure was ever made, the comment section of the BP would have lit up if that had been claimed.

Edited by Just Weird

Just now, Just Weird said:

No, it wasn't. I read it this morning, no claim of Thai doctors finding a cure was ever made, the comment section of the BP would have lit up if that had been claimed.

You are right. It's the tittle on reddit that is wrong. 

Screenshot_20200202_213636_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The two doctors research the MERS and SARS information 10 days already. Use that information to mix flu drug and HIV drug. The woman cure in 48 hours. 

The doctor now go to China to help and test on more people. See if it work on other sick people have corona. 

Many on this thread will mock, critisize and ridicule. Because it is Thai doctor. Sure. 

The doctor hope it will cure other people. They not confirm it will cure everyone. But they trying, not complaining, mock and ridicule.

If it can successful will safe many life, stop many people get sick and help the world economy, many business from many country. Billions of dollar.

i hope it successful.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/attachments/2019/10/29/st_20191029_skinfect_5214565.pdf

0ED033FB-3882-486D-9FD8-4E56483410F4.jpeg

Always about money!

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

i hope it successful.

The drug combination used by these Thai doctors had been reported on in multiple medical journals already. It's not something new and the Chinese have already been using it as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

I saw a similar headline that mentioned Thai doctors finding a cure, the article only discussed the 3 meds (Tamiflu and 2 HIV meds) but did not claim a cure, only that they found something that may be important. That was a few hours ago.

But now it doesn't matter. My wife just informed me that Thai doctors have found a cure. She does not read the BP. It's out.

Edited by rabas

47 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

You think love makes the world go round?

As you wisely suggest, I am a naive child but I am sure someone of your great wisdom has noticed (if you have ever been to Thailand) that barely a thought enter's anyone's head here that is not about money.

Hence my comment.

Edited by mngmn

1 hour ago, mngmn said:

As you wisely suggest, I am a naive child but I am sure someone of your great wisdom has noticed (if you have ever been to Thailand) that barely a thought enter's anyone's head here that is not about money.

Hence my comment.

I’ve noticed it about every country I’ve been too. 

But maybe you can name one country where the people are not concerned about money?

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

I don't think it is really a cure, those are for earlier virus strain such as MERS. This is a new strain.

That woman could be just lucky or didn't really have the same virus in the first place. 'Curing' one person isn't conclusive.

You must cure at least 20 people with the coronavirus to be sure that it is not due to chance or other mistaken viruses or just flu.

You need time to develop a new anti-viral drug and not use past drugs.

Doctors in Thailand have given me false diagnosis in the past.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, rabas said:

I saw a similar headline that mentioned Thai doctors finding a cure, the article only discussed the 3 meds (Tamiflu and 2 HIV meds) but did not claim a cure, only that they found something that may be important. That was a few hours ago.

But now it doesn't matter. My wife just informed me that Thai doctors have found a cure. She does not read the BP. It's out.

My analogy is when the US carpet-bombed the Ho Chi Minh Trail, it was only partially effective and didn't 'cure' anything.

But loads of people were led to believe otherwise.