Air in six Bangkok districts at unsafe levels

webfact

By The Nation

800_5e26106e7664004.jpeg?v=1580628073

The PM2.5 dust particle levels in Bangkok and its metropolitan areas at 7am on Sunday (February 2) ranged between 40-72 micrograms per cubic metre, moderately safe, but unhealthy for sensitive groups, according to readings by state agencies.

Particles measuring less than 2.5 microns in diameter (PM2.5) exceeded the safety standards in Thonburi, Bang Khun Thian, Bang Na, Din Daeng, Yan Nawa and Pathumwan districts.

Meanwhile, the PM10 dust particle level ranged from 66-121mcg per cubic metre.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381458

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-03

5 hours ago, webfact said:

It cannot be that it is only in these six districts, the air knows no borders, the whole country is in a very critical situation regarding the air.
The air situation is much more dangerous than all flu viruses together, you have to seriously start fighting it, not only with words but with deeds!
Until now it seems that nobody is interested in fighting this important battle, I suspect that some members of the government, parliament and / or senate have cooperation's of air purifier factories!

1 hour ago, genericptr said:

It's still disgusting however.

should we start a Gofund?????  What are the options:  breath deeply, stop coming to LOS, Leave immediately, continue to express our hurt feelings??? 

Quote: "talk is cheap (WHY) because it exceeds the demand."

39 minutes ago, mike787 said:

should we start a Gofund?????  What are the options:  breath deeply, stop coming to LOS, Leave immediately, continue to express our hurt feelings??? 

Quote: "talk is cheap (WHY) because it exceeds the demand."

you're offended that I insulted the air quality in Chiang Mai???

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, genericptr said:

you're offended that I insulted the air quality in Chiang Mai???

No, rathered humored.  I have been insulted, and much more than anyone can administer to me here.  It's not possible to offend me.  Humor though, yes.  All this narrative about bad air is like trying to negotiate an avoidance of death. Hilarious.... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, genericptr said:

Isn't Bangkok frequently in the red thus making this not news worthy? I don't live there but the numbers always look bad despite people telling me it's better than Chiang Mai (which is a damning indictment of CM considering the size disparity).

http://aqicn.org/city/bangkok/

Totally agree. Not newsworthy.

The government solving the issue would be newsworthy.

Laugh or cry?  Should be newsworthy as it is a serious health an economic emergency, but same bs gets old and boring to the public even though the problem is acceleratingly worse.  Pathetic leadership is absolutely disgusting in their response (actually, lack of response).  These are not ‘acts of god’ that are outside of our control. Strong direction from the top would solve the problem, so.....i guess I just cry.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, genericptr said:

Isn't Bangkok frequently in the red thus making this not news worthy? I don't live there but the numbers always look bad despite people telling me it's better than Chiang Mai (which is a damning indictment of CM considering the size disparity).

http://aqicn.org/city/bangkok/

It's as nothing compared to urban China... the air changes colour through peach, yellow, red, and brown, through the day, and little particles of industrial fluff and stuff dance gently on the Venusian breeze, whilst the jolly chorus of hoyking and grollying fills the air, and you wonder what shade of purple or blue the industrial run-off is going to be today, as merry peasants squat and stare at you.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, mike787 said:

BKK air is perfectly fine no rice fields on fire here, look at chiang mai, that is the real issue

The air in BKK was "red/unhealthy for all" for most of Tuesday from early morning to afternoon, but then got a bit better later in the day, to just be "orange/unhealthy for sensitive groups." It's been anything but "perfectly fine."

504934250_2020-02-0421_23_43.jpg.168586d96610a5ffd4c85c9ded377850.jpg

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The air in BKK was "red/unhealthy for all" for most of Tuesday from early morning to afternoon, but then got a bit better later in the day, to just be "orange/unhealthy for sensitive groups." It's been anything but "perfectly fine."

504934250_2020-02-0421_23_43.jpg.168586d96610a5ffd4c85c9ded377850.jpg

relative to CM, BKK is as fresh as swiss air.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No, CM is pretty much the same as BKK, and actually, a bit better the past couple days. More red/unhealthy in BKK since Monday as you can see above:

1328448541_2020-02-0423_12_02.jpg.72f4514f572bb6cbd684d5adefe06e23.jpg

Referring to Burn season...otherwise sure.