Sovereignty comes first: Britain lays out tough stance for EU trade talks

webfact

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So all you’ve shown is an article stating that economic forecasts for the next 12 months are a bit dire...cause they are.

Shows you totally miss my point however that real economic growth in Australia has boomed since the 1970s as we turned our focus to Asia. 

DD97031D-3B13-4BB0-9D30-7EFE94F25CA3.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

That video's a cracker! ????

The lamb industry do these Australia Day ads every year.

I know ole vogie with his dads army view of Australia probably views this one as too politically correct, hence his misinformed comment about the levels of support for immigration in Australia (where half of the population were either born overseas or have a parent born overseas) but the lamb ads are pretty much the opposite, by design. 

Immigration for the most part, just doesn’t bother us.

anyway, here’s another ad for you. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, samran said:

I know ole vogie with his dads army view of Australia probably views this one as too politically correct, hence his misinformed comment about the levels of support for immigration in Australia (where half of the population were either born overseas or have a parent born overseas) but the lamb ads are pretty much the opposite, by design. 

Maybe the lamb ads are made purposely for the sheeple of Australia? ????

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, samran said:

So all you’ve shown is an article stating that economic forecasts for the next 12 months are a bit dire...cause they are.

Shows you totally miss my point however that real economic growth in Australia has boomed since the 1970s as we turned our focus to Asia. 

DD97031D-3B13-4BB0-9D30-7EFE94F25CA3.png

Rather as China turned it's focus onto Australian iron ore from about 2004-2015 (as well as trying to buy the place).

How's you currency doing these days. Let's look. Oh 0.67. Ouch! I remember it was 1.10 when I sold mine.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, samran said:

You are comedy gold I must admit, but not for the reasons you think....

I knew we were drifting apart when I didn't get my invite to yours on Australia Day this year, first time for a few years we havn't shared a barbied prawn and a tinny.????????????

Edited by vogie
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Rather as China turned it's focus onto Australian iron ore from about 2004-2015 (as well as trying to buy the place).

How's you currency doing these days. Let's look. Oh 0.67. Ouch! I remember it was 1.10 when I sold mine.  

Again, trying to bait with ‘hows your currency going’. As if the RBA or the Treasury care.

The China mining boom was described as being kicked up your @rse by a rainbow. It certainly was unexpected and a once in a generation windfall.

The Balance of Payments now in positive territory for the first time ever, and lil ole Australia now has the third largest amount of funds under management globally. 

The Australian dollar was floated for a reason in 1983, so that a high dollar would act as a break in import spending when times were good, and a low dollar would act as an export buffer when growth was slow. It’s a commodity currency, a reserve currency and currently seen as a bit of a proxy for China. 

But, it’s also buffered us so we haven’t seen a recession since the early 90s. 

It’s hovering around its long term post float average, so not sure what point you are trying to make apart from some misguided penis length competition.

But since we are on the topic of currency, are all you blokes going to be able to make your pension thresholds for your visa extension?

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, samran said:

Again, trying to bait with ‘hows your currency going’. As if the RBA or the Treasury care.

The China mining boom was described as being kicked up your @rse by a rainbow. It certainly was unexpected and a once in a generation windfall.

The Balance of Payments now in positive territory for the first time ever, and lil ole Australia now has the third largest amount of funds under management globally. 

The Australian dollar was floated for a reason in 1983, so that a high dollar would act as a break in import spending when times were good, and a low dollar would act as an export buffer when growth was slow. It’s a commodity currency, a reserve currency and currently seen as a bit of a proxy for China. 

But, it’s also buffered us so we haven’t seen a recession since the early 90s. 

It’s hovering around its long term post float average, so not sure what point you are trying to make apart from some misguided penis length competition.

But since we are on the topic of currency, are all you blokes going to be able to make your pension thresholds for your visa extension?

You are getting all girlie now......????

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

I knew we were drifting apart when I didn't get my invite to yours on Australia Day this year, first time for a few years we havn't shared a barbied prawn and a tinny.????????????

Maybe it’s something you said?

I do note the sensitivity on threads like this to my comments. That I’m anti british or something. 

If I was to put it this way, Brits are family. You’d get an invite to Christmas lunch or dinner. You’d be that old uncle who we see once a year. Family, but not close. 

And true to form, youd sit in the corner and hark back to your glory days when you did something once but how everyone has been against you for most of your life since. We won’t mention that it was because you’d been obnoxious and <deleted> off everyone close to you.

As you’d get a few bevies into you, you’d become mildly offensive and some years embarrassing.

But you’d cop an invite every year, cause that what family does. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, samran said:

Maybe it’s something you said?

I do note the sensitivity on threads like this to my comments. That I’m anti british or something. 

If I was to put it this way, Brits are family. You’d get an invite to Christmas lunch or dinner. You’d be that old uncle who we see once a year. Family, but not close. 

And true to form, youd sit in the corner and hark back to your glory days when you did something but how everyone has been against you for most of your life. As you’d get a few bevies into you, you’d become mildly offensive and some years embarrassing.

But you’d cop an invite every year, cause that what family does. 

I am certainly not sensitive, its just that I don't like being insulted. Anyway as long as its only something I said. 

My best friend is from Oz and I have nothing but total respect for Oz and some of its citizens.

But back to trade, Australia makes some of the best table wines in australasia, here Eric Idle gives a rundown on quite a few.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, vogie said:

Whats it like to have lost to the uneducated and what does that make you, jealous, bitter, hurting, sore loser? 

And the icing on the cake is that Nissan has suggested that if any tariffs are imposed on any of its cars, they will pull out of France and Spain and just concentrate on production in the UK. The sweet smell of success, don't you just love it.????????????

555. You call this success? You’re just loving it? Next time read slowly, and be careful with your sources. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50000530

When I read Vogie I think of Vegtables.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Britain has left with its tail between its legs. Wimpering and forlorn. Sent out into the wilderness like a Lion ejected from the pride to die miserable and alone. 

The German takeover of Europe is complete. Britain was too small and weak to stop it. World War II is now officially at an end. Germany is the Victor. 

Dr. Who...?  ????

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Britain has left with its tail between its legs. Wimpering and forlorn. Sent out into the wilderness like a Lion ejected from the pride to die miserable and alone. 

The German takeover of Europe is complete. Britain was too small and weak to stop it. World War II is now officially at an end. Germany is the Victor. 

Oh God....that's good...write some more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, vogie said:

10th of Oct, things have changed since then, turnips can be blind sometimes and not all tatties have eyes in them, good try but no cigar.

More current roses for you. Cheers.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/28/business/brexit-uk-car-industry/index.html

PS England is a small fish in a big pond. The only way it will remain competitive is to devalue it’s currency. Count on it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Well it is a fact that many claim here that Germany is now the "master" in the E.U..

Some pretend that the U.K. tried to become it, and 

as they failed, they left.

Absolutely. But don’t worry little England, the US will stop by when on their way to Brussels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

You said that Australia turned its focus to Asia in the 1970's but not why - maybe it was partly to do with the UK joining the EEC? I hope that you can see that your main progress in terms of GDP per capita was gained coincident with the Chinese trade impact on Australia. You got through the 2008 financial crisis because of the intense trade with China at that time.

You probably already know that the nominal UK pension alone is not sufficient for the retirement visa requirement - that is baiting!

You are right, the Uk joining the EC meant that Australia’s key markets were cut off to us, and we were forced to go it alone in the world searching out other alternatives. 

The difference here was we had this forced upon us rather than having it self inflicted. 

As for the mining boom - sure, it was an aberration but it doesn’t change the main story of Asia being our focus these days. 

No one in their right mind cuts off their main market voluntarily like you’ve just done with the EU - and nor is cutting it off a pre requisite for lunch finding new ones. 

As for exchange rates - you bought it up! 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RobFord said:

More current roses for you. Cheers.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/28/business/brexit-uk-car-industry/index.html

PS England is a small fish in a big pond. The only way it will remain competitive is to devalue it’s currency. Count on it. 

Piranhas are a small fish, but don't stick any of your extremities in their mouth will you.......oh wait.

But thanks for the great advice, I'll pass it on to Sajid Javid right away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, samran said:

Immigration for the most part, just doesn’t bother us.

anyway, here’s another ad for you. 

Thanks; If Bill Cash's private members bill (to make 23 June a bank holiday) passes through the house as expected I foresee we poms having lotsa fun as seen elsewhere with tomatoes or oranges....

We'll use...

Image result for brussel sprouts

& the winner will be whoever gets rid of 'em the fastest! ????

Meanwhile it appears a visitor is heading your way...

Bold new beginning for Global Britain as Foreign Secretary kicks off Asia-Pacific tour.

And the clock is ticking...

UK Rep becomes UK Mission as the UK leaves the EU

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, samran said:

Those rollovers are temporary and will be renegotiated soon enough once the trading partners allow the dust to settle and figure out how they can maximise their advantage. 

Do you have proof that this is going to happen? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ketyo said:

The chrysalis has burst. the only thing that isn't clear is what will become of the husk that was left behind. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, samran said:

The FT has a pay wall, so I can't read whatever that article is.

Can you show us what definitive proof you have that the continuity trade agreements we have in place "will be renegotiated soon enough once the trading partners allow the dust to settle and figure out how they can maximise their advantage"? 

• Like 1