Will we be getting a boar....sorry, I mean bore?

Grumpy John

First the bore guy has to turn up to divine the plot we call the "Granny Block" which is less than 1rai.....but level, has electric and is greenhouse friendly.   If he is confident he will find water he goes at it....and if he doesn't find water he doesn't get the 38.000baht fee!  But what peeves me is the appointment was made for 9:30am this morning and here we are after 10:00am and not a phone call from him with a story why he is late.   Tik has workers bagging mangoes and needs to be at #1 orchard To supervise.  I have fabrication and welding to do, plus a dozen small jobs.......honestly it's very annoying! But this isn't the first time we have been kept waiting and in the dark why. 

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

Same happend to our first guy, we called him up, he replied and said someone else neede water more then us. We kicked him from project for a new one (lucky good guy with good equipment and reputation) but he also called back and said next morning! We told him if so, he did not need to show up! He came in afternoon and finished well in 1 /12 day! 

They are superbusy these days since everyone have run out of water already from their ponds! 

We have a town water connection from the Wang Plong waterworks  and we are 150metres from the water tower but at this time of year it's really not reliable.  I use 2 * IBC tanks to hold town water but once we get going with the greenhouses I want 100 percent reliable water year round.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

All up it was 54.000baht.  38.000 baht for the borer plus the blue 4" pipe,  the 2" submerged pump,  the blue 2" pipe and fittings,  50M of electric cable and labour.   I went for a mid-range pump that can be repaired if necessary.  The you beaut 30.000 baht pump cannot be repaired so he reckons.  

In local perspective is a few water melons sold at the market.

Time to get the shade houses up and producing GJ

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ A huge PILE of watermelons on roadtrain

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

They don't look like Thailand watermelons.....I'd say they a South American variety not known here in LOS.  Maybe a strange variety from the dim dark recesses of the Amazon jungle.  Yer,  I know I have to get the finger out.   Have to wait till early March now for money.  One of my investments is paying off.....less the 15percent tax grab. 

Edited by Grumpy John
Smeling
  • Like 1