Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

"Don't worry about coronavirus!" - Thailand's first virus patient praises Thai doctors for survival

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The first person to be infected with the coronavirus in Thailand has given the thumbs up after she recovered from the deadly new virus. 

It continues to panic among the population, with adjectives of the genus "Deadly Virus", who benefits ...
It's an influence as we all know it, someone dies, many others don't, stop with these horror stories!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Can see her hospital bill as a indicator of costs ?

I'm guessing, just guessing, the Thais involved will be treated under their national health insurance for the most part.

It's the non-Thais I'm more concerned with.... and there's been ZERO info I've seen from the govt regarding just who is paying for all the hospital bills associated with suspected and actual CV hospitalizations...  thus far mainly pertaining to the Chinese tourists.

But if this thing keeps spreading, farangs are going to get pulled into this... Many don't have health insurance. Many have health insurance with substantial deductibles. Some have full coverage. It could mean a lot of hospital expenditures -- unless the govt were to end up covering farangs....  And I'd be surprised if they would end up doing that.

What ridiculous talk. Maybe the teenagers to say 45 years old who are fairly fit don't have too much to worry about but the young and old are not so resilient. That applies to ANY virus infection. People with mild heart and/or bronchial problems (particularly in polluted air cities) have to be very careful. 

Edited by TKDfella

Yes she must have been in contact with some Myanmar monks

BANGKOK — In Myanmar, loudspeakers broadcast advice from Buddhist monks: Seven ground peppercorns, exactly seven, placed on the tongue will ward off the coronavirus spreading across Asia and the world.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/02/world/asia/china-coronavirus-philippines-thailand.html

Not to worry...no big deal! Finally doing better "after spending nine days under the care of a large team of specially chosen doctors and nurses.  Doctors said she was in the hospital during the 14 day incubation period and had already been suffering from the virus for 12 days on admission." I wonder how much that would have cost her in a private hospital? 

Next ......A China package free included corona health care and "guided thea with fortune cooky's visit" to this corona cured one ....all behind the yellow flag 

Edited by david555

7 minutes ago, peter14 said:

How much she got paid to say that...?

Including the picture from few month's back...? ???? Doubled her Thai old age pension to 1800 baht i guess....????

Edited by david555

she was quoted as saying: "Don't be worried about coronavirus. I was the first and I recovered and importantly I was treated by up country doctors"

I think she went to school before critical thinking was introduced to the curriculum. But more importantly, so did most of the government. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

However, its probably down to her own strength and fortitude in fighting the Virus.

You state that as if she is an anomaly, would that not be the situation with any body who gets "sick" or have people become so dependant on "others" in this era that they have an expectation that others will take care of them?

56 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm guessing, just guessing, the Thais involved will be treated under their national health insurance for the most part.

It's the non-Thais I'm more concerned with.... and there's been ZERO info I've seen from the govt regarding just who is paying for all the hospital bills associated with suspected and actual CV hospitalizations...  thus far mainly pertaining to the Chinese tourists.

But if this thing keeps spreading, farangs are going to get pulled into this... Many don't have health insurance. Many have health insurance with substantial deductibles. Some have full coverage. It could mean a lot of hospital expenditures -- unless the govt were to end up covering farangs....  And I'd be surprised if they would end up doing that.

"mai bpen rai, old farang all have thai insurance now"

"no, sorry boss. coverage too low and thai insurance not want to pay"

"eh? 400K not enough?"

"no not even close. and more bad news. they all got non-o visa now anyway"

:cheesy:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There's a good interview with her on Sky News UK, only part of which I found online (link below).  Of note is more the courage of the woman, sense of humor and Thai spirit among all the staff that reminds me of why I came to stay here. 

https://news.sky.com/video/coronavirus-survivor-jokes-outside-hospital-in-thailand-11926550

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Disgusting as usual. No doubt the authorities instructed her to say this or manipulated her to say it. All they care about is what keeps tourists coming. 

Such gross people. 

Yep,.... right down here:

Jaimuay Sae-ing, 73, was interviewed on the Palang Pracharat Facebook page. The political party has strong links to the government.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petermik said:

ooh that,s reassuring news.......we can all breath much easier now.....:whistling:

Yeah Right .. She went in for piles operation and they told her it was Corrona... Now she’s happy she has been saved  ... Close your borders Thailand or the consequences will be devestating for years to come