Burapha Bike Week 2020

TaaSaparot

7 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Chang was a huge sponsor last year, to the point it was the only brand being sold.

Been like that for the past few years.

But I do remember before, there being no alcohol officially for sale.

With the Stadium and its grounds being Government owned, it looks like rules are being enforced this year.

They can't sell alcohol on the Stadium grounds, which is why they started using the "lower bowl" a couple years ago. That area is private land and they get permits to sell booze in that area.

Most of the area has already been set up (the volunteers have been at it for nearly 2 months now), just the main stages need to be set up.

This year things are supposed to kick off on the Thursday and there will probably be bands playing on at least 3 "official" stages every afternoon/evening.

Drop by and say hi if you're in the area !

508641061_BrotherhoodMClogo.thumb.jpg.c2ed828d4c5d8eadfc390afd617eb236.jpg

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/12°53'10.5"N+100°55'21.6"E/@12.9060413,100.8908182,14.58z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x31029445670e5345:0x68050abf30ecc721!7e2!8m2!3d12.8862621!4d100.9226632?hl=en

Edited by Kerryd
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

campaigners have won, and there is a ban on the sale of alcohol

The Burapa bike show is the best on the planet.

Been going for many years, lots of dangerous stunts etc but no-one got hurt.

Its going the same way as Australia, no booze.

Probably bound to happen, people are changing, always complaining if they injure themselves if they do something stupid, like that girl that got her face burnt drinking that flaming Vodka.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

They can't sell alcohol on the Stadium grounds, which is why they started using the "lower bowl" a couple years ago. That area is private land and they get permits to sell booze in that area.

Most of the area has already been set up (the volunteers have been at it for nearly 2 months now), just the main stages need to be set up.

Aaah .... thanks, did not know that.

1 hour ago, VYCM said:

The Burapa bike show is the best on the planet.

Been going for many years, lots of dangerous stunts etc but no-one got hurt.

Its going the same way as Australia, no booze.

Probably bound to happen, people are changing, always complaining if they injure themselves if they do something stupid, like that girl that got her face burnt drinking that flaming Vodka.

They should ban the whole thing as far as I am concerned. I live about 3 km from there. Its great fun to visit during the afternoon and evening for the music and here is where they go wrong. They dont know when to stop. About 2 or 3 years ago the music stopped at a reasonable time no later than 3am. Last year it was just getting light about 6am and the music was still blearing out. They dont know when to stop. As I said I live 3 km away and I can hear it, it must be a nightmare living close to it.

3 hours ago, VYCM said:

Ha, ha.

Worked with a guy, he was a fuddy duddy, said the same thing.

Sorry mate I don't understand, I live and breath Burapa.

Must be a night mare for you lot. The big noisy bikes up and down Chaiyaphruek day and night, 12 or so stages, great bands, live music day in day out.

Let your hair down, come and enjoy, maybe stay at a friend's house to get some rest

ROCK ON

Glad you enjoy it. The bikes dont bother me nor does the music, but I just think that it finishes too late. Anyway mate enjoy, glad its only once a year though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 4:54 PM, jimn said:

Glad you enjoy it. The bikes dont bother me nor does the music, but I just think that it finishes too late. Anyway mate enjoy, glad its only once a year though

Yes so grin and bear it matey mate ,or leave dodge .

• Haha 1

Thank goodness that is over for another year. Sleeping is impossible. Music stopped Thursday 1.30 am (acceptable), Friday 3.30am (borderline), Saturday 7.30am (totally out of order). Doesn't anyone regulate these events. Music still blearing out at this time is a nonsense. Probably some failed Deep Purple failure playing out of tune to an audience of 1,  still trying to live the dream. 

Edited by jimn

4 minutes ago, jimn said:

Thank goodness that is over for another year. Sleeping is impossible. Music stopped Thursday 1.30 am (acceptable), Friday 3.30am (borderline), Saturday 7.30am (totally out of order). Doesn't anyone regulate these events. Music still blearing out at this time is a nonsense. Probably some failed Deep Purple failure playing out of tune to an audience of 1,  still trying to live the dream. 

Everyone love a moaner !!