Social Security of Non Benefits?

So browsing through my social security account, checking my wages and upcoming benefits, I saw a link to print out the letter confirming Non Benefits.  Anybody ever have a need for something like that?  Note I had to retrieve a security code from one of my email accounts to log into my SSA account.  I did not see any option to have a cell phone text sent.  Not sure I do or don't want which method

"You do not receive any benefits now and have not received any benefits in the past.

You do not have a claim for benefits pending"

You can set up to receive the 2FA code from ssa.gov via email or sms.  It offers me the choice of which method every time I login and also the option to reset those options.  Once you are logged in there is a "Security Settings" tab where you can change the phone number and/or email address.

"Anybody ever have a need for something like that?"

I haven't, but I can imagine situations where someone else might. Say you're 62 or over and on welfare. You might need to prove you're not getting Social Security yet. Or some other benefit, like food stamps, where you need to demonstrate you have low income.

• Like 1