getting a place at a uni following high school

notrub

My niece graduates this year and hopes to go on to university.  She has loan funding and I will help too but...  How can she get a place?  She recently went to Buriram to write an entrance exam at the Ratchaphat University there.  Her grades are OK and she takes it all pretty seriously.  There were over 90 students applying for 5 places, however, and she did not get one. 

Next we will try Nakhon Ratchasima at Ratchaphat University there but is it going to be the same story this time too?  That is, too many students for too few places.

We are in Isaan in the Buriram area and would hope there there can be a solution not in BKK for lots of reasons.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, thank you.

My gf niece got into Khon Kaen Univ. and her grades were not that great.

Her family has money so don´t know if a possible donation helped.

Keep trying I am sure she will find something if she is motivated as you say.

Just a note the private HS education system here seems sketchy.  Maybe I am wrong.

I know an American who put his daughter in a private/expensive private HS.

She got all A´s and he took her back to the states to take the SAT with a goal of getting her into a highly competitive Ivy league college.  She basically flunked the SAT and ended up at a junior college.

Just sayin, how are private schools looked at/valued here in other countries?

It did not appear the priced they paid for her private education prepared her.  At least not for Freshman entry at a US Univ. 4 year experience. 

Thanks.  Noted.  It is difficult to understand the system here and, as it seems to be in the west too, a BA is required to get any kind of a job even low paid and uninteresting ones.  

I am continually amazed at the lack of anger regards disparity of income and lifestyle expectations here.  

Also to those who may criticise government, immigration policies etc. here take a squint at what is unfolding in the UK (not to mention the US too) and be happy to be here in a land of relative safety.

• 2 weeks later...