A different side of Thailand

Nakmuay887

4 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Where is that river?

That's in Mae Usu (Tak province) the other side of the river is Myanmar (burma) its the border between the countries.

Moei river is the name. It's quite beautiful in this area as there's nothing around for miles each direction. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

These kids have spirit. It's part of the culture and is a world recognized sport. This guy is making a difference. Good for him.

Maybe they should be here? ------>  Image result for the workhouse

You could always write a letter of protest to the P.M. and the BBC.

Western lefties are just morons. They should stay home and never go anywhere as co2 is bad anyway.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

I'd love to see some statistics that back that up considering there are 8 targets in Thai boxing and most fights end with body shots and low kicks. 

It's safer than hockey, football, mixed martial arts, rugby and boxing. Simply because you don't agree with something doesn't make it fact. Don't start lecturing me about something that you know nothing about. 

Thai boxing has been around for hundreds of years before me and hundreds of years after me and is as ingrained in this culture as much as Buddhism itself in many areas. I didn't pluck these kids from their homes and turn them into prize fighters for my own enjoyment. 

Would you prefer they do nothing with their lives and become yet another con artist, drug dealer or drug user (like most of their relatives)? 

Educate yourself man. 

Great post. The mt scoring system favours kicks over punches. That's why Thais dominate over farangs.

These western "do gooders" should stay in their mum's basement where they belong.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

The last thing I am is a lefty, 13 year old boy died after being hit in the head in 2018, time to wake up mate

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/101east/2019/10/thailands-child-fighters-191003161502628.html

This is one case out of the tens of millions of fights that occur in Thailand and Myanmar each year. 

How many people die from American football, hockey and rugby each year? How many people die on motorcycles or from substance abuse in Thailand? These are far bigger problems than children boxing. 

Your opinion is one of concern which I appreciate but you are going about this in the wrong way. 

To throw a single news article onto a post and call it the gospel truth is laughable. I've been around this sport and country my entire life. Thai boxing does far more good for Thailand than it does bad. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Just as much child abuse as sexual abuse, stupidity on the roads and other nonsense is NOT and excuse for this cruelty

Yet swimming, running and cycling kills far more.

According to you we should ban them too.

Thailand doesn't need farangs preaching nonsense and cherry picking <deleted>.

• Thanks 1