Thai visa to usa

Trying to bring Thai GF to USA on Tourist visa. I know it's difficult.

What does Thai person need to show to successfully get USA tourist visa?

-How much $in bank?

-How long does $need to be in bank?

- Monthly Minimum Salary from job?

- other items that help? 

• Haha 1

I don't think there is any exact amount. He / She just needs to be able to convince the US Embassy that she has enough strong ties to Thailand and will return after the trip / trips.

The best things in our experience would be a strong previous travel history outside of Asia, a stable job, savings, property etc. One thing other posters mention a lot on here is that the partner not being an American citizen is a real positive (I am English). 

My wife (then girlfriend) got a 10 year US tourist visa when she was about 26 and certainly didn't have millions of THB in the bank.

Edited by BobbyL

There's no set rules about those things. It's all discretionary on the consul's part...

That said, it's a lot tougher to get a tourist visa for a GF vs a Thai wife. And the younger the Thai woman, the more difficult it likely will be as well.

Some things you can do/try to make the best of a difficult situation:

--the consul offices like to see copies of your history of retirement/marriage/business visas/extensions for Thailand, because it shows them how settled you are here (even though the visa is for the GF).

--If you have any family in the U.S., have them write a signed letter of invitation to the GF asking her to come to America to visit with your family. (When my Thai wife got her U.S. tourist visa, that invitation and my own extensions history were the two most important things the consul focused on).

--If the GF is employed by some company, see if they/HR will write her a letter of permission giving her vacation time specifically for a tourist trip to the U.S. for your intended dates. That kind of letter is a not uncommon thing here.

--Any documents/details that help prove the GF has binding ties that she would not abandon Thailand for (financials/land ownership/business interests, etc). That's the main thing the Consul has to be persuaded of, that she is not going to dump Thailand and stay in the U.S. if given a tourist visa.

--Also, showing proof of Thai monthly salary and as much as possible saving in the bank don't hurt...but don't expect that those alone are going to carry the day.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Does she own land/property.

Is she employed with proof of salary.

Does she have any dependant children.

As already stated without strong social and economical ties to Thailand, then the risk of not returning at the end of the Visa is far greater.

Most TV applications are refused without even looking at the submitted documents, or an interview.

The decision already being taken to refuse based on the contents of the application form.

It's a real <deleted> shoot for a Thai woman to get a tourist visa to the US,

It all hinges on whether they can convince the CO they have a compelling reason to return to Thailand.

Just remember in the back of the CO's head is the fact that the largest Thai diaspora live in the US, and his/her fear is that if they issue that visa they disappear into that diaspora.

Money in the bank helps, but IMHO letter from employer authorizing an absence of leave probably is a big factor in establishing the intent to return

• Like 1