Bernie Sanders to online trolls: Stop 'ugly personal attacks'

webfact

4 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Who famously said: "If you can't take the heat, you better get out of the kitchen"? 

So, the Union needs to “get out of the kitchen”. I’m lost as it is not directed at Bernie ... I am saddened that so many seem unable to argue the merits or negatives to a given issue. I certainly support the US instituting a national healthcare program like all other developed countries provide for their citizens. All American retirees already have Medicare provided (covered only on US territory) and all retired military have national medical coverage (coverage worldwide).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

American presidential campaigns are just a variation of professional wrestling. It's all done for entertainment. The two party system is carefully managed to give the public a sense of involvement when in reality the winner is pre-determined and switched occasionally so both sides have their day. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 8:14 PM, canuckamuck said:

American presidential campaigns are just a variation of professional wrestling. It's all done for entertainment. The two party system is carefully managed to give the public a sense of involvement when in reality the winner is pre-determined and switched occasionally so both sides have their day. 

That used to be the way it was right up until Trump. In fact, Trump won precisely because so many Americans share your sentiment. The big question now is whether the Democrats can understand that anger of the electorate and abandon that now broken, anachronistic model, or if they will keep trying to put in a centrist, establishment candidate who has as much chance of winning the presidency as I do of winning the lottery. (To give you an idea of my odds of winning...I don't play the lottery.)

This is why Bernie is really the only choice for the Democrats. The establishment hates him.  That means there is a chance the voters might actually accept him.

• Sad 1

On 2/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, puipuitom said:

I do not understand the Americans: how can you be proud on your country, when your politicians are smeared so much by your country fellowmen.

How to be proud on one of these at the end elected as… president of the USA

Even between candidates of the same party… Not: “We will beat the opposite with better arguments, plans, candidates, whoever of us you elect ( and I believe I am just a littlebit better candidate) , but… Me, Me, Me and… ME…

Edited by wabothai
error made
  • Confused 1

On 2/14/2020 at 5:11 PM, puipuitom said:

I do not understand the Americans: how can you be proud on your country, when your politicians are smeared so much by your country fellowmen.

How to be proud on one of these at the end elected as… president of the USA

Even between candidates of the same party… Not: “We will beat the opposite with better arguments, plans, candidates, whoever of us you elect ( and I believe I am just a littlebit better candidate) , but… Me, Me, Me and… ME…

Many of us Americans are not proud. Not proud at all. I used to be proud to be an American. Not anymore. It has been a very long time, as the nation has slipped downhill precipitously, culturally, politically, and on so many other levels. America is not the country it once was, and there is no making America great again. Just not going to happen. It is the end of the empire, that we are witnessing. It is 445AD, prior to Odoacer marching into Rome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As much as I want to like Bernie, I find him to be an immensely unlikable man. Always angry, always bitter, and I think I remember him smiling once, during the entire campaign. As an old man, I cannot imaging that is going to get any better over time. Granted, Trump is a grump. But, Bernie? He makes Bloomberg look cheerful. 

• Like 1