Two more coronavirus patients discharged

snoop1130

By THE NATION

800_e9c932c6df8970d.jpg

Two more Covid-19 patients in Thailand have fully recovered and were discharged earlier today (February 18), the Department of Disease Control told a press conference.

“The total number of Covid-19 cases in Thailand today is the same as yesterday at 35,” deputy director-general Dr Thanarak Phaliphat said. “The number of confirmed infected patients in Thailand currently under hospital care is 18, while 17 have fully recovered and have been discharged.”

Thanarak said the two patients are Chinese tourists who were treated at Rajavithi Hospital.

“Out of 18 currently under hospital care, two are in serious yet stable condition and need endotracheal tubes. Doctors are monitoring them closely around the clock,” he said.

“As of February 18, Thailand had 872 patients under investigation. Out of these, 82 are under hospital monitoring while 790 have been discharged. Of the total patients, 55 were hospitalised after airport screening, while 817 were walk-in patients. Most of those discharged were diagnosed with seasonal flu and not Covid-19 pneumonia,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382336

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-18

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Quick to give out the news of patients being discharged but what about the "secret" news of new numbers?

I'm surprised that social media hasn't been buzzing with hospital workers giving out clues of the real problem, but then again I guess the threat of imprisonment did it's job!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Quick to give out the news of patients being discharged but what about the "secret" news of new numbers?

I'm surprised that social media hasn't been buzzing with hospital workers giving out clues of the real problem, but then again I guess the threat of imprisonment did it's job!

Perhaps social media hasn't been buzzing because there is nothing to buzz about?

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Perhaps hospital workers have a sense of responsibilty and much better things to do?

• Like 1