Is Huay Yai a good area?

CNXexpat

IMHO it's a great area and just the right distance away from the  pattaya traffic.

in fact now with Home pro, Makro  and the new Big C.  a bit further along the road in the direction of Sattahip there really is no reason to go to Pattaya at all.

In the last few years there was an "expectation" that land prices would escalate and they did for a while  because of the "Asean Hub thingamajig "but now with the latest problems Thailand in general is facing "Reason" is  having an effect and you can pick land or property more realistically priced.

In the long term though I think that this area will become very busy and over priced as the nearby airport starts to increase in size.

I personally like it because as a cyclist and cheap charlie golfer I have access to flat  quiet roads and cheap golf courses all within 15Ks

• Like 2

It is all about deciding if you want to live in the City or more rural... next what you need in proximity. Hua Yai has golf, nearby to U-Tapao and Sattahaip and Bang Saray and will offer a quieter life. The new road should really open the area up. 

That said, you can live on the other side of Pattaya, say Nong Pla Lai and have easier access to Bangkok and the main airport and good schools. Roads have been under construction (Hwy 36) but that is nearly complete.

There is a glut of housing on the market, they aren't selling so can be picked up. Three around me, but larger land than you pursue perhaps. 

I miss being closer to town though... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, n210mp said:

IMHO it's a great area and just the right distance away from the  pattaya traffic.

in fact now with Home pro, Makro  and the new Big C.  a bit further along the road in the direction of Sattahip there really is no reason to go to Pattaya at all.

In the last few years there was an "expectation" that land prices would escalate and they did for a while  because of the "Asean Hub thingamajig "but now with the latest problems Thailand in general is facing "Reason" is  having an effect and you can pick land or property more realistically priced.

In the long term though I think that this area will become very busy and over priced as the nearby airport starts to increase in size.

I personally like it because as a cyclist and cheap charlie golfer I have access to flat  quiet roads and cheap golf courses all within 15Ks

Airport increase?!?! I hope it will not become noisy in my area. 

BigC and Makro? Do you mean at Sukhumvit Road? 

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is all about deciding if you want to live in the City or more rural... next what you need in proximity. Hua Yai has golf, nearby to U-Tapao and Sattahaip and Bang Saray and will offer a quieter life. The new road should really open the area up. 

That said, you can live on the other side of Pattaya, say Nong Pla Lai and have easier access to Bangkok and the main airport and good schools. Roads have been under construction (Hwy 36) but that is nearly complete.

There is a glut of housing on the market, they aren't selling so can be picked up. Three around me, but larger land than you pursue perhaps. 

I miss being closer to town though... 

I am living 25 Minutes from Chiang Mai city center and then I will live 25 minutes from Pattaya city center. That´s ok for me. I like it quiet but with the options of a city near by. 

• Like 1

I live a little further out just the other side of Baan Amphur, condo on ocean for 12 years, and years ago was offered 1/2 ownership in some land just off Huay Yai Road, would have been a decent investment. I agree with you 25 minutes away from town is good. check that you can get decent internet (I expect you can, I recently got fibre into my condo).  Of course owning here is always a gamble, with new noises moving in and no zoning, but Huay Yai is about as good as anywhere for those of us avoiding cities. The Huay Yai road itself is getting more and more traffic so i hope you set back a ways.  

• Like 1

Huay Yai is OK, easy access to Jomtien Beach and Railway Road to go Kao Talo etc. Regarding property, the area has been over developed with many villas unsold and standing empty for years, bargains galore with easy payment terms on many. Have a good look around be for buying. 3 bed furnished pool villa on 150TW, 4 mil is reasonable..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

I am living 25 Minutes from Chiang Mai city center and then I will live 25 minutes from Pattaya city center. That´s ok for me. I like it quiet but with the options of a city near by. 

Hmmmm, 25mins driving time maybe means just that around Chiang Mai but it is not like that when driving into Pattaya.

I live close to Sukhumvit about half-way from Pattaya Klang to the Huay Yai area and it is only very late at night or early morning that I would allow myself less than 20mins to drive to anywhere in Central Pattaya.  Also, at most times of day, driving anywhere much within the centre of the city can take 30-40 min!  

Edited by PGSan
Corrections.

"Thailand is the "Asean hub" and three provinces, Chonburi, Rayong and Chachoengsao  will benefit from this massive injection of capitol in that their land and property values should increase proportionately."

Property prices in Huay Yai, Sattahip, Bang Saray and Rayong have been going down for the past two or three years...over development in these areas has caused devaluation...dont expect any capitol gain, in fact expect a lot more depreciation in the coming yesrs

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No, not in baht terms.

Perhaps some due to the bah's appreciation if one plans to get the money out. 

The baht has already started to slide over the weekend, plus property price going down...how do you conclude you will make money sending out....it would be less than now?

8 minutes ago, baansgr said:

The baht has already started to slide over the weekend, plus property price going down...how do you conclude you will make money sending out....it would be less than now?

Relate it to when the money was brought in to buy... 2008.

• Like 1