EEA Family member permit

Hello,

I am a dual national UK/EU that arrived in the UK in 2007, since then I have applied to EEA Permanent Residency (I was issued a vignette inside a blue thing like this) followed by UK Citizenship. 

I have applied for  a EEA family member visa for my mother in law, when submitting the application we were asked "EU Settlement Scheme identity document number" which we couldn't complete because the system did not allow me to enter the values present in my vignette which follow the format "UKF1234567" and for this reason at the bottom we entered the following note under the Extra information section "giruzz has UK permanent residency via 'UK residence documentation for a national of an EEA state', number UKF1234567'

We have also attached a certified copy of the document and a signed cover letter to explain that we couldn't enter the value because the system didn't allow us to type my reference number (probably because the online application form is geared up to support old reference numbers from before the settlement scheme was setup)

However, the visa application for my mother in law was rejected just this morning with the following reason 'your application has been refused because you have not provided a Home Office reference number to show that your EEA or Swiss Citizen has settle or pre-settled status under the EEU Settlement Scheme' - Given that I have EEA Permanent Residency (and UK nationality) I did not apply for EEU Residency schemes.

What would you advise as best course of action? Appeal or submit a new application as tourist visa?

Thanks,
Giruzz

Edited by giruz