Airdrop does not connect on my MacBook Pro

jonwilly

It has been a hit or miss for me at times connecting my iphone ( 6s ) to my macbook pro. Lately it has been working ok ( maybe since Catalina? ). What has helped when I couldnt connect ( transferring photos ), was killing the photo app on my iphone and opening the app again and then it would find my macbook. ( obviously I am assuming you made sure Bluetooth is turned on on your mac and a connection has been established ).

Thank you for your advice.

I spent about 3 hrs yesterday following a long write up on problems with Airdrop not being recognized and no luck. Deleting several andthe reinstalling several apps was tried as recommended but no success.

I am convinced it's a problem on my MacBook which I rarely use, for back in my home location I am an iMac user, and no connection problems on iMac and either of my phone or pad.

Another fault is that I bought a bluetooth mouse and this is recognized by both my Phone/Pad but not by the MacBook.

john

I have the same problem with my iMac, I can airdrop between my iPhone and iPad but neither can airdrop with my iMac and like you I've scoured the internet for advice none of which worked. I just assume and indeed hope that on the next Catalina update it gets fixed.

I have Catalina on my iMac and that's OK my problem is my laptop running 10. 11. 6 el Capitan, I very rarely use when I am back at my home base.

I am sure the problem is centred around Bluetooth and Wi Fi for they are the 2 items most mentioned on the internet solutions.

Cheers all info welcome.

john

At the weekend I purchased a WD SSD.

Today I have been offered Dropbox which comes via WD, which I at first confused with Airdrop.

I downloaded Dropbox and it does same as Airdrop only IMHO it's a way of making money.

You only get a limited amount of free File space and then you must start to pay.

Even deleted files count against your total file space and I will now delete Dropbox and continue searching for my free Airdrop.

john

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you cannot fix it yourself, take it to an apple store and ask them to look at it. The best place to go is the Apple store in IconSiam. Chances are they can fix the problem while-you-wait.