Video: Hunt on for person causing punctures in Ao Nang, Krabi

webfact

Video: Hunt on for person causing punctures in Ao Nang, Krabi

8pm1.jpg

Thai caption: Watch out for these things on the road

Picture: 77kaoded

Someone has been trying to cause flat tires in the popular tourist area of Ao Nang, Krabi in southern Thailand.

Comments were made on Facebook indicating there were many victims after a minivan driver called Nopadol ,43, became the latest to get a puncture.

Someone has been putting screws attached to stands in the road near a t-junction and on the Bang Chong Plee - Nong Talay Road.

More than ten vans, taxis and motorcycles have suffered.

8pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

77kaoded found one of the screws by the side of the road and said people were being warned about the situation.

Now Ao Nang police chief Pol Col Apichart Jinaphen has ordered CCTV to be checked in an effort to track down the culprit.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-24

Let me mention one more possibility. Unless, of course, This becomes repetitive more times.

I have seen similar things that were accidental, out of stupidity and laziness.  Picture a Repairmans pickup on a job site, Him or his young inexperienced 'helper' has a hand full of these screws when his phone rings inside the pickup so he puts the handful of screws on the roof of the truck while he reaches inside for the phone..... Whoever is calling distracts him and he leaves the spot soon and just down the road somewhere the screws fall off on the road. No ill intent but none the less damage is caused.

The theory of intentional damage is certainly valid BUT this is also possible.

I always like to hear the 'other side of a story' before forcing screws into anybody's head as was proposed above.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I think as foreigners and GUESTS in Thailand, we should not even joke about causing violence to Thais.  We know it wasn't a farang, and I hope your joke about impaling a Thai and causing him/her and his family great harm is taken down.  It will not be long into the future when farangs are deported for issuing such threats.  Because, when will these violent threats end??? 

Remember, you always have the option of saying something nice or nothing at all.

Foreigners in Thailand yes, guests?? Definitely not.

20 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I think as foreigners and GUESTS in Thailand, we should not even joke about causing violence to Thais.  We know it wasn't a farang, and I hope your joke about impaling a Thai and causing him/her and his family great harm is taken down.  It will not be long into the future when farangs are deported for issuing such threats.  Because, when will these violent threats end??? 

Remember, you always have the option of saying something nice or nothing at all.

Personally, I would hang him, draw him and quater him then I would pass what's left through a blender and feed him to the ducks. That'll teach him. He wouldn't do that again, no siree Bob, not on my watch.

However if the perp turned out to be a young lady, I'd take a totally different course of action.

On 2/24/2020 at 11:33 AM, Ventenio said:

Remember, Ventenio, as members of a forum we also have the option of expressing an opinion without your trying to tell us what you think that we shouldn't post!

Edited by Just Weird

• 2 weeks later...