Can a Non-O dependent Visa apply for a work permit?

My wife has a Non-O dependent visa.  Is it possible for her to work in Thailand and apply for a work permit?   I've read somewhere that it is allowed to work if you have a Non-O, as long as you apply for a work permit but not sure if that covers all types of Non-O.   

She would not be allowed to apply for work permit with a non-o visa or extension of stay issued for being your spouse.

They only accept application for those with non-o visas or extension based upon being the family member of a Thai and for volunteer work.

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

She would not be allowed to apply for work permit with a non-o visa or extension of stay issued for being your spouse.

They only accept application for those with non-o visas or extension based upon being the family member of a Thai and for volunteer work.

Thanks @ubonjoe

That's what i thought too.  Just wanted confirmation. So i suppose if she wants to work then she would still need to apply for a Non-B and come back to Thailand and apply for work permit, visa extension, etc....

15 minutes ago, aar78 said:

Thanks @ubonjoe

That's what i thought too.  Just wanted confirmation. So i suppose if she wants to work then she would still need to apply for a Non-B and come back to Thailand and apply for work permit, visa extension, etc....

At nearby embassies or consulate she would need a work permit application being done before applying for that non-b visa.