Retirement Renewal

What exactly do I need in the bank? and for how long? and can it be fixed rate?

Details

• Unmarried
  • retirement visa as of last Oct. 15 2006
  • Want to renew retirement for this coming October
  • Had a non imm-B for work permit (Was this changed without my knowing when I got the retirement?) I don't see any changes to 'Visa Class' in my passport

Forgetting about the work years what do people think I need for easy going this October?

pascal 20160

Is "the bank" it? Or do you have a pension/income that can be confirmed by your Embassy?

If using bank it must have an account level of 800k baht or more for the three month period prior to application for extension and fixed deposit account are normally acceptable.

Is "the bank" it? Or do you have a pension/income that can be confirmed by your Embassy?

If using bank it must have an account level of 800k baht or more for the three month period prior to application for extension and fixed deposit account are normally acceptable.

I'm assuming from your answer I don't qualify for the 400,000 baht reserve.

My income from the US is irrregular, usally every half year and I have to live off it. Could I just put a regular amount in the bank (what is it about 65,000 baht) on the first of every month and make it seem as regular income?

I'm assuming from your answer I don't qualify for the 400,000 baht reserve.

My income from the US is irrregular, usally every half year and I have to live off it. Could I just put a regular amount in the bank (what is it about 65,000 baht) on the first of every month and make it seem as regular income?

The 400k applies to those renewing marriage extensions. You need an income certificate from US embassy showing at least 65k/month (from what you say you may qualify) . I am not US but my understanding is you can quote any figure you like and they endorse it. That is for your conscience.

My experience is immigration also like to see a bankbook with occasional overseas transfers to you are living off overseas income (and no working here).

From what you write you should be OK.

You can reduce the 65k/month proportionate to any savings that have been in the bank for the previous 3 consecutive months.

There is no 400k for retirement - it is 800k. The 400k was the old support Thai wife provision.

It will not work to deposit 65k per month without a letter from your Embassy confirming an income of 65k per month. If you have tax forms that will support that I would expect you to be able to use this method. But this can also be used in combination with a bank deposit so if you have 400k in the bank you would only need Embassy paper of about 33k per month income.

From what you're saying it's either 800k or 65k/month with letter from the US Embassy. I don't see any reason to have 400k sitting around in order to reduce the 'pension' to 33k.

My US income comes here into a USD account, but as I said irregularly. I guess I can just transfer it into baht at 'regular' monthly intervals at 65k a month for 4 or 5 months.

So the next question would be "What does the US Embassy want to see?" and by what date for my October renewal?

From what you're saying it's either 800k or 65k/month with letter from the US Embassy. I don't see any reason to have 400k sitting around in order to reduce the 'pension' to 33k.

My US income comes here into a USD account, but as I said irregularly. I guess I can just transfer it into baht at 'regular' monthly intervals at 65k a month for 4 or 5 months.

So the next question would be "What does the US Embassy want to see?" and by what date for my October renewal?

Last I heard US embassy doesn't want to see anything. You just sign a declaration which they certify. About a month before your current permit to stay expires is fine.

Last I heard US embassy doesn't want to see anything.

...and the Immigration office, knowing the above, is now asking to see the supporting documents.

Pascal, Immigration wants to see evidence of income, not evidence of transfers to your Thai bank account.

--

Maestro

I hear what you're saying

But what are 'supporting documents' as satisfies immigration?

Dare I use the word 'unfair' in Thailand? I have the equivalent of 65k every month, but it comes in chunks, not at regular intervals. Therein seems to lie my predicament.

I can show documents of the irregular payments to my Bank of Ayudhya USD account, but is that going to make imm. happy?

By the way I appreciate all the suggestions and comments. I find them very informative.

Last I heard US embassy doesn't want to see anything.

...and the Immigration office, knowing the above, is now asking to see the supporting documents.

Pascal, Immigration wants to see evidence of income, not evidence of transfers to your Thai bank account.

--

Maestro

I answered the OP question. Avoids confusion

Immigration wants to see both evidence of income and evidence you are living off that. You may have an income of 65k/mth but if you are paying out maintenance for ex-wife/kids (quite possible for a retiree) they will want to see you have access to that money which is why that want to see bank transfers. And yes, I am aware of reports that some are not offering photocopies of bank books and not being asked for them - but these are retirees making their umpteenth extension.

Immigration do not specify what documents they need to see if they are not content with Embassy certification. Anything that confirms investment from investment, rental, pension, or royalties is OK. If your income falls into those categories you should have no trouble in providing suitable documents. Pension statements, rental agreements, share certificates, dividend certficates, investment certificates, bonds, royalties statements......

I hear what you're saying

But what are 'supporting documents' as satisfies immigration?

Dare I use the word 'unfair' in Thailand? I have the equivalent of 65k every month, but it comes in chunks, not at regular intervals. Therein seems to lie my predicament.

I can show documents of the irregular payments to my Bank of Ayudhya USD account, but is that going to make imm. happy?

By the way I appreciate all the suggestions and comments. I find them very informative.

I think the Regulation is an ANNUAL income at the Rate of 65K/month

So if Your Bank of Ayudhya statement - shows

more than 780K (12x 65K) for the Year - in USD - I consider this should be sufficient.