Suicide In Soi Naglue Pattaya: 29 Year Old Woman....

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: April 6th 2007

STRESSED-OUT FROM ILLNESS AND LIFE’S RESPONSIBILITIES, WIFE COMMITS SUICIDE IN PATTAYA

We all have bad hair days, which sometimes extend over weeks, or even months. We virtually all feel overwhelmed, at times, by the pressure of modern life. However, things usually get better. Granted, something not always easy to remember, sometimes, when you‘re down. But stress and depression can occasionally lead to suicide, both of the young and the old.

At 1 pm, on 5th April, Police Lieutenant Narupol Garuna, a police officer from Banglamung received just such a phone call, which reported that a woman had committed suicide in her house.

The police accompanied by the Sawang Boriboon Rescue Team, went to a house in Soi Naglue 15, Moo. 5 to find the body of a woman, Miss. Chureerat Tamningahn ( 29), from Tahmagak, Kanchanaburi Province, lying on her side. An examination of her body showing that she had been dead for some hours. There were an empty glass and a plastic basket located next to her body. The police also found a bottle of Lannet insect killer placed on a table near her. However, they did not find any wounds or injuries on her body.

The police also found a letter, written by her to her husband which said “Dear Pee Ple , please forgive me. I could not handle this anymore. I’m so tired. Please tell my mother to cremate me, but there’s no need to keep my ashes. I apologize to everyone, especially you. I want you to take care of your health, keep visiting the doctor and good bye. Love, Nan.”

The police questioned her husband, Mr. Sakesan Singsat (Ple) aged 29, and discovered that Mr. Sakesan had left the house to work as a speed boat driver to the tourist trade. When he returned home at 12 pm, he had found his wife dead. He considered that the reason was because she had been suffering from many diseases such as diabetes and asthma. The police contacted her family and her body will be cremated in accordance with cultural procedure. .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editor’s Comments:

The life and work of many women can often be extremely arduous. This especially applies to women of the low-income bracket whose psychological health is often at risk. In Thailand, as world-wide, these low-income women are part of a disadvantaged group who struggle against numerous problems in their daily lives and who work hard to survive. These women work as manual labourers in agriculture, in factories, as self-employed vendors or as bar girls. We are busy Ha Chow gin Kum (working and earning a living day by day).

When such women's way of life is so complex, invariably involving being responsible for their children, husband, extended family, work, and themselves, is it any wonder that they should take the route of suicide as a solution to their problems?

Insect and weed killer are the number one way that Asian females do them selves in. It's true. I wonder if there is a cultural reason foe this.

Do they wish to remain pretty in death? Is it because its cheap? or is it perceived as painless? The latter would certainly not be true. I imagine it would be very painful and drawn out. Which leads to another question, do they wish to suffer before they go?

It seems frangs take the quick way out, bullet, high jump or train track.

Interesting and worthy of discussion.