Help In Finding A Village

mikalmus

The name I've been given is Mane Kumpong but the chances are that isn't how it would be listed. I also have that it is 'past 32130'. I'm just looking to see if I can see in on any maps, or perhaps have a look at it on google earth.

Can anybody provide any help?

Thanks

You may have more success if this is moved to the Issan forum. There’s a lot of members active from Surin there.

Post code 32130 shows up as Non Narai or Rattanaburi.

If you have a map take a look NNE of Surin towards the upper Sisaket border in the area between highways 2076 and 2262

I can’t find the name mentioned on the Thinknet map.

The name I've been given is Mane Kumpong but the chances are that isn't how it would be listed. I also have that it is 'past 32130'. I'm just looking to see if I can see in on any maps, or perhaps have a look at it on google earth.

Thanks

MacB that was my first thought too. I suggested mikalmus try the Issan forum in the hope someone may have heard of the village.

The post code 32130 shows up as Non Narai or Rattanaburi. They are located up in the north east area of Surin province in the direction of Phon Sai and Rasi Salai.

I guess Mane Kumpong is one of the many small villages that don’t appear on maps.

Another thought is mikalmus may not have heard the name correctly and Mane = Ban + Kumpong = Chumphon.

There is an Umphur Chumphon Buri on highway 2081 nearly directly north of Surin.

Anyone else hazard a guess?

Thanks

Well I did some more searching and got this link might I suggest an email to this person they may be able to help, there email link is at the bottom, in the meantime I will look on my map book

http://www.rattanaburi.com/

Edited by macb

looking on my Thailand highway map there some villages in this locality but named KHAMPANG AND NOT KUMPONG.

I wonder if this is the right bdirection situated off route 226 near Huai Thap Than.

Thanks

I live in post code 32130 - downtown Rattanaburi, I'll have a look at my maps. Failing that I'll ask the Mrs (Yokel from Rattanaburi). I presume Mane = Ban (village).

Thanks

Hi mikalmus yout Topic appears twice on the Issan forum might be and idea to ask the MODERATORS merge the two for you

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Ban Kampong is in Amphur Rattanaburi, it is about 15km from Rattanaburi towards Amphur Non Narai. It is west of road 2262, east of road 2079 & south of road 2076. It can only be accessed by dirt roads. On Google Earth look for the reservoir at Ban Pu which is about 15km south of the Moon River the village is somewhere off to the south west of the reservoir (~10km).

Hope this helps.