Child drowns at sea off Greece in first fatality after Turkey opens border

webfact

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

The thing is, if you are skilled and from outside the EU and want to work in Germany you'll be refused. Me and others in my business are trying since years to open Germany for nurses from the Philippines. No way.

Time to change career?

https://www.pengandpaper.com/2018/08/nurse-germany-triple-win-project.html

https://mattscradle.com/germany-hiring-filipino-nurses-salary/

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lots of statistics show that overall foreigners in Europe don't cost money. They "produce" money, pay taxes, etc.

But obviously some people don't like some foreigners - independent if they cost money or not.

And I think that is also the case in Thailand. Some people like foreigners and some not. And some only don't like foreigners with certain skin colors or from certain countries.

That's why I find it amusing that here are often people who live as foreigners in Thailand and who don't like foreigners back "home". Amazing!

Not strictly true. In the UK, lots of statisics to show that EU migrants do have a nety benefit to the economy. Pakistanis (economic migrants) and Syrian refugees not so much.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, henry15 said:

I don't see many women and children. Most are young men. Those cowards  abandon there wife's and children. They let other  young men fight their wars

Said like a true gammon ... well I, and everyone else, saw plenty of children on the news reels.

Dulcet Decorum Est ... the lie that feds to the plebs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You mean the hundereds of thousands doctors that cannot read or write? In Germany we have plenty of true doctors of many countries, especially from Iran. They are skilled, willing to integrate themselves and highly welcome.

But I seriously doubt the stone throwing offenders at the greek borders are of any use for european countries.

• good to hear at least Germany accepts foreign qualifications at face value! 

14 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Said like a true gammon ... well I, and everyone else, saw plenty of children on the news reels.

Dulcet Decorum Est ... the lie that feds to the plebs.

So did i ,but it took hours of searching to find them amongst the 99% of males that were there,then they had the photo shoot.

On 3/3/2020 at 6:20 AM, twocatsmac said:

Very sad that the people traffickers are at it with the inflatables already so early in the year. 

Its incredible the EU and governments concerned still haven’t arrived with a migrant solution, will it never end?

Be prepared for weekly news of capsized dinghies and children used as pawns as the traffickers cash in again.

But the migrants are in Turkey...its really up to the Turks to have a solution.....other than let them into Greece...Europe shouldn't have any asylum seekers full stop....plenty of safe countries between Europe and the initial countries they come from

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Europe shouldn't have any asylum seekers full stop....plenty of safe countries between Europe and the initial countries they come from

Such as? Which countries do you have in mind which grant asylum seekers / refugees protection enacted by law and enforced? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Is it Europe's problem if Saudi Arabia and the rich Gulf states don't grant protection to their islamic brothers?

Did EU have this massive Muslim refugee influx prior to the coalition invasion of Iraq in 2003? Prior to 2003 EU wasn't it mainly asylum seekers from the Balkans. However, most of them were rejected as economic refugees. Of course prior was the bitter Algerian / French colonial war was also a factor. There were other conflicts, but not the same impact as Iraqi cluster<deleted>. On the subject of Saudi Arabia go to...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrians_in_Saudi_Arabia.

I assume you are capable of identifying other Islamic majority countries, excluding Turkey, who in total host millions of Muslim refugees.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

DId it take 12 years for the migrants to reach European borders then?

What should the link you provided tell me?

Jordania hosts many and - like Turkey - gets much financial help for that from Europe. But for sure not the crazy rich Gulf emirates. 

Germany alone took a million migrants in 2015. How many more should it be to be enough in the eyes of some hyper moralists and do-gooders?

...the operative word here being "Germany ALONE", since most other European countries just closed borders!

I know: according to you, Germany should have done the same!

I am glad, they didn't!

It is interesting, that a bunch of countries in the EU alaways claim their EU- membership, when it benifits them, but never when it is to their disadvantage.

If all EU- countries would have taken at least SOME refugees, the problem would not be a problem!

But I guess, just letting people die, because they are not "me", is just the better way!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

So did i ,but it took hours of searching to find them amongst the 99% of males that were there,then they had the photo shoot.

You didn’t look very hard ... I recall the two news programmes that were aired interviewing an Afghan with his family and an Iranian with his wife and sick baby. Not to mention the crying young girl having her eyes washed by her mother due the tear gas from Greece.

3 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

DId it take 12 years for the migrants to reach European borders then?<SNIP>

You appear to know very little. The massive influx in 2015 of asylum seekers into the EU was due to the asylum seekers / refugees running out of saving after residing in Turkey for a number of years without legal access to work and very minimal  assistance from the State. There were warnings from UNHCR, but EU complacency meant the warnings from UNHCR were ignored. Greece was grossly unprepared (Merkel stepped in to try and assist Greece by waving the Dublin Regulations; the rest is history.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Opl said:

Europe has absolutely no lesson to receive regarding migrations, be it for legal / illegal economic migrants, asylum seekers / fake asylum seekers, etc...  Europe is since centuries a very sought after destination for people from all over the world.  Ask the Turkish diaspora who supports Erdogan. 

It's time for Europe to reevaluate asylum laws and address human trafficking issues, smuggling, etc, etc...  

Many EU countries abide by their international obligations / Rule of Law. As you mention up to those who have a democratic government to update their laws if the majority wish to do so. Unfortunately where there is a right of centre ruling presence and have rejected their previous legal obligations for asylum seekers / refugees, to date, it comes hand in hand with moving to authoritarianism e.g. Hungary. 

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Many EU countries abide by their international obligations / Rule of Law. As you mention up to those who have a democratic government to update their laws if the majority wish to do so. Unfortunately where there is a right of centre ruling presence and have rejected their previous legal obligations for asylum seekers / refugees, to date, it comes hand in hand with moving to authoritarianism e.g. Hungary. 

Sweden, Hungary.. countries with a population of 10M each should - according to you - accomodate migrants from overpopulated countries, endlessly ?   

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You appear to know very little....

That's as sure as you are a fountain of wisdom ????

Just curious: Ever heared of the "Arab spring"? Of the Islamic state in Irak and Syria? That were the startpoints of the "refugee" flood in 2015, not the second irak war ages before. 

But it's alwys nice to take the blame on the west, isn't it?

According to Thai saying:

If the farang was not there, nothing would have happened.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

20 minutes ago, Opl said:

Sweden, Hungary.. countries with a population of 10M each should - according to you - accomodate migrants from overpopulated countries, endlessly ?   

Especially Sweden, Denmark and Switzerland are well known for their right wing, xenophobic governments. And the earth is flat.

9 hours ago, Opl said:

Misinformation, never said such a thing. What i did post was if the majority support further limitations on asylum seeker intake, then do so my democratic means, not by way of authoritarian diktat. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That's as sure as you are a fountain of wisdom ????

Just curious: Ever heared of the "Arab spring"? Of the Islamic state in Irak and Syria? That were the startpoints of the "refugee" flood in 2015, not the second irak war ages before. 

But it's alwys nice to take the blame on the west, isn't it?

According to Thai saying:

If the farang was not there, nothing would have happened.

Keep up I previously referred to the Syrian Arab Spring in 2011 & Assad's extremely violent oppression of the protesters. However. IMO, US policy mistakes, such as disbanding the Iraqi army was the main contributor to the rise of IS.  Obviously Assad's actions didn't help with his release of Islamists from his prisons.

In 2011, months after the uprising against Assad began in Daraa and quickly started to destabilize the country, his regime released thousands of jihadists from Syria’s now infamous prisons. Using a cold and pragmatic calculus, Assad fomented chaos and terror to discredit the opposition and ensure that the West wouldn't intervene against him. 

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/syria/MAGAZINE-iran-russia-and-isis-how-assad-won-in-syria-1.6462751

You may wish to refresh your memory on the cause of the huge increase of asylum seekers departing Turkey in 2015 i.e. insufficient support from within Turkey and the international community. Yes, the West has some ownership, going back to the breakup of the Ottoman Empire, to deny is ignoring historical facts.

No more courtesy responses from me on this matter, as you continually deny / deflect which has become boring.