Water In Chiang Mai’s Moat Safe Enough To Be Used For Songkran Celebration

Jai Dee

Water in Chiang Mai’s moat safe enough to be used for Songkran celebration

Mayor of the Nakhon Chiang Mai Municipality affirms water in the Chiang Mai City’s moat is safe enough to splash on people to celebrate the Songkran Festival. The municipality also brought water from Mae Tang (แม่แตง) Reservoir and Mae Yuak (แม่หยวก) Stream for tourists celebrating the festival in the province.

Mayor of the Nakhon Chiang Mai Municipality, Boonlert Buranupakorn (บุญเลิศ บุรณุปกรณ์) led officials to examine the cleanness of water of the moat. The amount of oxygen and bacteria as well as acidity and alkalinity of the water were measured. Samples of the water used for the examination were taken from twenty spots of the moat.

The officials also added chlorine in the moat to make sure that the water will not cause harmful effects on humans.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 07 April 2007

Water in Chiang Mai’s moat safe enough to be used for Songkran celebration

Mayor of the Nakhon Chiang Mai Municipality affirms water in the Chiang Mai City’s moat is safe enough to splash on people to celebrate the Songkran Festival. The municipality also brought water from Mae Tang (แม่แตง) Reservoir and Mae Yuak (แม่หยวก) Stream for tourists celebrating the festival in the province.

Mayor of the Nakhon Chiang Mai Municipality, Boonlert Buranupakorn (บุญเลิศ บุรณุปกรณ์) led officials to examine the cleanness of water of the moat. The amount of oxygen and bacteria as well as acidity and alkalinity of the water were measured. Samples of the water used for the examination were taken from twenty spots of the moat.

The officials also added chlorine in the moat to make sure that the water will not cause harmful effects on humans.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 07 April 2007

except when fired from a high volocity water gun :o

Mmmmm ! Moatwater ! It's ok now, I guess. And it'll be fine after it douses a million songkran revellers too. That's as it washes everything crusty and caked on off the streets and back into the moat. Mmmmm ! I can taste the nutrition already.

I'll be there too. And then back home for the best, soapiest shower I can muster. And that's always at least 2 soaping to be sure.

Though actually my skin always does feel great after a day of being soaked and drying in the sun...maybe there's even a magic ingredient in that thar water. Mmmmm ! Moatwater !

Mmmmm ! Moatwater ! It's ok now, I guess. And it'll be fine after it douses a million songkran revellers too. That's as it washes everything crusty and caked on off the streets and back into the moat. Mmmmm ! I can taste the nutrition already.

I'll be there too. And then back home for the best, soapiest shower I can muster. And that's always at least 2 soaping to be sure.

Though actually my skin always does feel great after a day of being soaked and drying in the sun...maybe there's even a magic ingredient in that thar water. Mmmmm ! Moatwater !

You velly velly funny guy, RTD :o