Is the United States pushing for a future regime change in Cambodia? Absolutely not, says Ambassador Murphy

geovalin

The United States has no intent to pursue regime change or interfere in Cambodia’s political system, United States Ambassador W Patrick Murphy told a US based media during a visit to the states. He said. “We think this is a process and a question and an issue for Cambodian nationals, Cambodian citizens.

Is the United States pushing for a future regime change in Cambodia? “Well, absolutely not, I think is my short answer,” Murphy said. Murphy referenced a letter from President Donald Trump to Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen. Murphy and said he sees no evidence of foreign countries trying to interfere in the Cambodian government, despite accusations that have circulated in the country.

Murphy, the U.S. Ambassador to Cambodia, has been brushing up on his Khmer since he was appointed to the post about six months ago. The schools visit was one of several stops this week on the ambassador’s visit to Lowell, the city with the second-most Cambodian Americans in the United States.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50697991/is-the-united-states-pushing-for-a-future-regime-change-in-cambodia-absolutely-not-says-ambassador-murphy

Im sure they could use a regime change, but Cambodians, I think, view their govt from the standpoint of whether they have food in their bellies and no one trying to kill them.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 4:09 PM, soalbundy said:

How could anybody think that, it's not like they have ever interfered in another country before. ????

Only the ones that matter.

8 hours ago, phycokiller said:

cambodia doesnt have oil

Even if it did, we dont need it

• Like 1