Retirement Visa And Pension Details

I have written to the British Embassy by e-mail 3 times for information about my pension requirements. I might as well write to the moon cuz i might get a reply from there! Can anyone tell me.. I have to get a letter from my embassy to authenticate my pension from my pension provider to be able to renew my retirement visa. As i live in Phuket I dont want to make a special journey to the Embassy if I can do it by registered post. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do this? I have all the documents to show I am receiving a pension and the monthly amounts. Has anyone done this by post before? Thanks for any advice

I have written to the British Embassy by e-mail 3 times for information about my pension requirements. I might as well write to the moon cuz i might get a reply from there! Can anyone tell me.. I have to get a letter from my embassy to authenticate my pension from my pension provider to be able to renew my retirement visa. As i live in Phuket I dont want to make a special journey to the Embassy if I can do it by registered post. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do this? I have all the documents to show I am receiving a pension and the monthly amounts. Has anyone done this by post before? Thanks for any advice

I think that Phuket has a British Honorary Consul, you might be able to do it through him. Do not know his contact details though.

Hi.

I've just had to get my confirmation of pension from the British Embassy Bangkok, you can find out all the details on their website listed under consulate services.

Firstly you need to be registered with the Embassy to request the letter, (quote from Embassy fax).

However if you're not you can register online on the Embassy (Bangkok) website.

You need to send the following by EMS, cost 40 baht. Service available at any Post Office.

Photo copy of your current British passport.

Original evidence of your current pension/income.

Your local address to be typed on the letter for Thai immigration.

Plus if different from above the return postal address.

The fee for the letter increased on the 1st April (not an April fools joke) and is now B2,448. plus in your case an additional B40 for return postage by EMS.

allow 7 days for return of letter by post.

Address is:

British Embassy Bangkok.

Consular service.

1031 Wireless Road.

Bangkok 10330.

Hope this is useful, and good luck with your visa.

Hi again.

Sorry forgot to mention that the money can be sent in the form of a postal order available from the

Post office, just fill it in and post it along with your documents.

Thanks so much for your valued information... Just my luck to get the new charge.. but it saves me the cost of a return flight if I can do it all by post. Thanks once again.. I am already registered with them.. so I can just send it all documents to them. Thanks again.. I'm very grateful

Hi again.

Sorry forgot to mention that the money can be sent in the form of a postal order available from the

Thanks so much for your valued information... Just my luck to get the new charge.. but it saves me the cost of a return flight if I can do it all by post. Thanks once again.. I am already registered with them.. so I can just send it all documents to them. Thanks again.. I'm very grateful

I can confirm they do it by return mail.

1.They do reply to e-mails but it takes time (sometimes as long as 3 weeks....)

2. As stated you can send all documents and a self adressed enveloppe +the necessary charges and they will return the original documents with the letter. Allow a good 2 weeks turn around from the time you sentd it off to the time you get it back in your hands

I have also heard that a local British offciial can do these dociuments in Pattaya and Phuket but have never used the service

Good luck

Hi again.

2. As stated you can send all documents and a self adressed enveloppe +the necessary charges and they will return the original documents with the letter. Allow a good 2 weeks turn around from the time you sentd it off to the time you get it back in your hands

I have also heard that a local British offciial can do these dociuments in Pattaya and Phuket but have never used the service

Good luck

Thanks again... I will pop into Phuket Town Immigration and ask if there is someone local from British Embassy who can do this for me... Thanks all

Hi again.

Good luck

Thanks again... I will pop into Phuket Town Immigration and ask if there is someone local from British Embassy who can do this for me... Thanks all

I would call the British Embassy to ask if they have a rep in Phuket. Their website does not mention it but then it does not mention the guy in Pattayya neither but he is there.....