Visa Non-O (mariage) Proof of income

9 hours ago, Deerculler said:

How long can someone stay in  Savannakhet?

You must submit your application at the consulate in the morning, avoid Monday's and Thursdays if possible as it is busier.

And then collect the following afternoon.

On 3/4/2020 at 4:57 PM, Isaan Alan said:

You do not need 400k in Savannakhet. I have done it 2 months ago along with dozens of others, But you will have to leave Thailand every 90 days

He doesn't have to leave Thailand every 90 days if he enters on a single entry Non-immigrant O and apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage after 60 days.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Isn't that the idea of a marriage certificate? i.e a document showing two people with whatever names are married to each other.

Yeah, neither of us changed our name when we got married. 

10 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Do i read that correctly? ... that if male applicant is married to Thai partner, she is expected to go through a name change process so he can supply evidence that she is known as "Apinya Higginbottom*" or whatever?

It is only needed if the wife changed their name. They do not have to take their husband's family name.

11 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Something interesting every day here, those IO's must be stretched coming up with this stuff ...

There are not any IO's at a embassy or consulate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Something interesting every day here, those IO's must be stretched coming up with this stuff ...

Do i read that correctly? ... that if male applicant is married to Thai partner, she is expected to go through a name change process so he can supply evidence that she is known as "Apinya Higginbottom*" or whatever?

Isn't that the idea of a marriage certificate? i.e a document showing two people with whatever names are married to each other.

Or am i just being old-fashioned?

*or in plain English, "Magical Power Higginbottom"

It's less paperwork and no gray hair if the wife doesn't change her name when getting married. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 10:08 PM, Russell17au said:

Your Laos Tourist Visa will give you 30 days.

With your 1 year multi-entry non-imm "o" from Savannakhet there is no financials but recently there have been reports that you need your wifes change of name certificate as an extra document. Drop your application in between 8:30 and 11:00 in the morning and pick it up the following afternoon between 2:30 and 4:30. With this visa you are required to do a border hop every 90 days but you can extend each 90 days with a 60 day extension which will give you 150 days between border hops and then 2 days before your visa expires you do another border hop an d that will give you another 90 days and then get a 60 day extension on that and you end up with 17 months on a 1 year visa

I am about to try the 60 day extension in Yasothon, Isaan. I had expected to be in China by now. My other options are a 2 hour mini-bus trip to Mukdahan and the cross-border bus to Savan or the Ubon-Pakse bus. 

Does anyway know if you have to stay at least 1 night? 

14 minutes ago, Isaan Alan said:

I am about to try the 60 day extension in Yasothon, Isaan. I had expected to be in China by now. My other options are a 2 hour mini-bus trip to Mukdahan and the cross-border bus to Savan or the Ubon-Pakse bus. 

Does anyway know if you have to stay at least 1 night? 

It should not be that hard to get the 60 day extension at immigration in Yasothon. Have your wife with you, marriage certificate plus a copy of it. copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You can get a van from Ubon to Chong Mek and then walk across the border. Their may also be buses to Chong Mek from Yasothan.

No need to stay overnight.

• Thanks 1

Could anyone show me what this change of name certificate looks like.

I married 13 years ago in Bangkok, Don Mueang Amphur and my wife took my surname.

Searching through all my marriage docs etc, I cannot find any such certificate.

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

Could anyone show me what this change of name certificate looks like.

I married 13 years ago in Bangkok, Don Mueang Amphur and my wife took my surname.

Searching through all my marriage docs etc, I cannot find any such certificate.

Thanks.

Here is one that was posted in another topic.

IMG_20200227_162532.jpg

Edit: PDF file of it. Name change certificate.pdf

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

I think the name change certificate request has nothing to do with changing a persons surname when getting married.

It will be to confirm a person has legally changed their first name sometime i the past. On the local monks advice, my wife changed her first name twice (for good luck) after we married. When I both applied for a yellow book then applied for a marriage extension we had to supply our marriage certificate and both her name change certificates to prove the different names all actually referred to my wife.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It's less paperwork and no gray hair if the wife doesn't change her name when getting married. 

Also I think that most people who have lived in Thailand for a while understand that it is better if she doesn't take the husbands name.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sanuk711 said:
21 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Also I think that most people who have lived in Thailand for a while understand that it is better if she doesn't take the husbands name.

My wife took my surname when we married nearly fourteen years ago. We married in Thailand and have lived here throughout that time. We've never experienced any problems because she decided to change her surname. 

Can you please explain what problems people have if they change their surname.

• Like 2

My wife took my surname 22 years ago..................and there have been many times and situations (especially when pricing things) that we had both wished that it wasn't so evident that she was married to a farang.

11 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

My wife took my surname 22 years ago..................and there have been many times and situations (especially when pricing things) that we had both wished that it wasn't so evident that she was married to a farang.

Can't say we've ever experienced that, but we live in an area where I/we aren't ripped off because I'm a farang, I've wven got a better price than my wife at times in the local markets. Plus I can't remember my wife ever being asked her surname when simply asking the price of something. 

On 3/7/2020 at 7:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

It should not be that hard to get the 60 day extension at immigration in Yasothon. Have your wife with you, marriage certificate plus a copy of it. copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You can get a van from Ubon to Chong Mek and then walk across the border. Their may also be buses to Chong Mek from Yasothan.

No need to stay overnight.

So i go to Yasothon IO and show my original marriage cert. They say i need a letter from my amphur to say we are still married. BTW i have my wife with me. What is it with these bureaucratic dudes? So obstructionist 

So i go 25km to my Amphur and they are very helpful but they say they can't do such a document. But my Thai wife can request a new certificate. Madness.

Looks like a trip to Laos coming up. 

57 minutes ago, pagan1 said:

..................What is it with these bureaucratic dudes? So obstructionist 

If you had taken the time to read the requirements for obtaining the extension you would have known that you needed an updated certificate. I did my renewal on Friday and it took 5 minutes to obtain the certificate. 

I frequently fail to understand the complaining idiots who can not follow simple requirements and complain about visa / extension processes. Like any immigration office the world over if you have all the paperwork and make their job easy your application will be routine.

The IO did not say I needed an updated certificate. She said I needed a letter from the Amphur saying we are still married. Big difference. And she spoke excellent English. So. of course, the Amphur didn't know what I was talking about.  If she said that I needed an updated certificate then I would apologise for being an idiot.

Also do you have to do that every time? Since when does a marriage certificate go out of date? How come I could get the original visa in Savan with my original marriage certificate? A hundred questions. 

And I had my <deleted> wife with me complete with passport, id card and blue book.

When we married at the Amphur Office we were given the marriage certificate, the Kor Ror 2 and the name change certificate for the wife to show to get a new house book and a new ID card because the name on both documents that are registered to my wife has changed and they needed to see the certificate to prove the name change before they would give her a new house book or a new ID card. That was in Khon Kaen in September 2018

2 minutes ago, Isaan Alan said:

The IO did not say I needed an updated certificate. She said I needed a letter from the Amphur saying we are still married. Big difference. And she spoke excellent English. So. of course, the Amphur didn't know what I was talking about.  If she said that I needed an updated certificate then I would apologise for being an idiot.

Also do you have to do that every time? Since when does a marriage certificate go out of date? How come I could get the original visa in Savan with my original marriage certificate? A hundred questions. 

And I had my <deleted> wife with me complete with passport, id card and blue book.

It is not a letter or the certificate that is need in your case. It is an updated Kor Ror 2 which is the marriage registration document which shows that you are still married because in the case of divorce that registration of your marriage is removed and, yes, you need an updated Kor Ror 2 every year for immigration extension renewal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Isaan Alan said:

So i go to Yasothon IO and show my original marriage cert. They say i need a letter from my amphur to say we are still married. BTW i have my wife with me. What is it with these bureaucratic dudes? So obstructionist 

So i go 25km to my Amphur and they are very helpful but they say they can't do such a document. But my Thai wife can request a new certificate. Madness.

Looks like a trip to Laos coming up. 

It is not a letter.

Your wife needs to ask for print out of the Kor Ror marriage registry to prove you are still married which you would not be able to get if you were divorced. She can show her ID card, complete a form to get and then pay a 20 baht fee.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2020 at 8:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

Here is one that was posted in another topic.

IMG_20200227_162532.jpg

Edit: PDF file of it. Name change certificate.pdf

Unfortunately with the photos on a computer, sometimes it does not show the correct colours as in this photo.

The correct colour is a light beige.