Thailand's Population Growth Rate Declining

george

Thailand's population growth rate declining

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's population growth rate is on the decline, according to the National Statistical Office (NSO), even as the kingdom's women are living longer lives then the country's men.

NSO official Patama Amornsirisomboon told a Bangkok seminar on the change in the Thai population structure that a survey between 2005 and 2006 found that the population growth rate was at 0.41 per 1000 of population.

The birth rate was at 10.85 per 1,000 population, she added.

The Northeast was the region with the highest birth rate, with 12.24 per 1,000 population, and the lowest was Bangkok where birth rate was recorded at 8.83 per 1,000 population.

Meanwhile, the death rate of the Thai population during 2005-2006 was at 6.8 per 1,000 population. The highest was in the North with 10.28 per 1,000 population while Bangkok has the lowest rate at 4.23 per 1,000 population.

A survey on average life expectancy in the last 30 years found that women lived longer than men. Women's average lifespan is now 77.6 years, while men at an average of 69.9 years are living, on average, eight years less.

Women in Bangkok have the highest average life expectancy at 82.85 and men at 74.57, while men and women in the North have the lowest average life expectancy at 67.38 and 73.05 years respectively.

--TNA 2007-04-07

Thailand's population growth rate declining

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's population growth rate is on the decline, according to the National Statistical Office (NSO), even as the kingdom's women are living longer lives then the country's men.

NSO official Patama Amornsirisomboon told a Bangkok seminar on the change in the Thai population structure that a survey between 2005 and 2006 found that the population growth rate was at 0.41 per 1000 of population.

The birth rate was at 10.85 per 1,000 population, she added.

The Northeast was the region with the highest birth rate, with 12.24 per 1,000 population, and the lowest was Bangkok where birth rate was recorded at 8.83 per 1,000 population.

Meanwhile, the death rate of the Thai population during 2005-2006 was at 6.8 per 1,000 population. The highest was in the North with 10.28 per 1,000 population while Bangkok has the lowest rate at 4.23 per 1,000 population.

A survey on average life expectancy in the last 30 years found that women lived longer than men. Women's average lifespan is now 77.6 years, while men at an average of 69.9 years are living, on average, eight years less.

Women in Bangkok have the highest average life expectancy at 82.85 and men at 74.57, while men and women in the North have the lowest average life expectancy at 67.38 and 73.05 years respectively.

--TNA 2007-04-07

Gosh! does that mean I got another 30 years to go? Is that good or bad? I was hoping to live forever :o:D:D . I think I am going to move to Bangkok and get another five years on my life expectancy. Traffic and pollution must do wonders for the organisms :D As for the cost of living...

Edited by dingue2rep

Could we get some historical perspective on the rate at which the birth rate has plummeted? I have a 2005 Almanac that quotes the rate was 16.0 in 2004. Another source, citing the United Nations agency for population, stated that Thailand's birth rate halved - decreased by 50% - in 15 years, roughly 1975 to 2000.

Rapidly disappearing Thailand (like the rapidly disappearing Doi Suthep mountain range during the dry/dusty/smoky season)!

Say what we will about Thai statistics being unreliable, births are registered with the govt., more than ever before. Has the condom campaign reduced fertility? Are Thais no longer impregnating?

Are classes of anuban and early prathom schools quickly decreasing? Are we down to 27 students per classroom yet? Who's going to take care of Grandma and Grandpa in the year 2595, if Thais are still alive?

I know of several male friends who would be willing, for a very small fee,to come to Thailand,and to try to increase the birthrate!

I think a charitable contribution would be in order. But don't forget to get the proper work permit etc.

I know of several male friends who would be willing, for a very small fee,to come to Thailand,and to try to increase the birthrate!

I think a charitable contribution would be in order. But don't forget to get the proper work permit etc.

Do you really regard procreative, pleasurable activities as WORK?

My male friends would NOT accept a fee...they are willing to PAY a fee.....am i then able to charge a commission.....?Hmmmm...............immoral earnings?..............

Do you really regard procreative, pleasurable activities as WORK?

My male friends would NOT accept a fee...they are willing to PAY a fee.....am i then able to charge a commission.....?Hmmmm...............immoral earnings?..............

Time is money, but like I said, a charitable contribution would be in order, especially while there is such a crises at hand. Yes, those with a charitable heart would be willing to devote countless hours and sleepless nights to put an end to this crises.