TM30 Reporting Changes

stament

Just got back from Promenada where I was informed that the requirements have changed this week for foreigners living with Thai wife's/husbands.

Previously the foreigner could go and report in person. Now however, the Thai spouse should report. I was advised these changes came into effect this week. Alternatively the Thai spouse can report online if this isn't the first time reporting TM30.

Hopefully should make things easier as no trip to immigration required if the online reporting facility works.

The immigration officer was very nice and apologetic about the reporting changes.

I will try to get my wife to complete online for me later today.

Despite what you say,this TM30 lark has the same ambiguity and clarity as every other immigration requirement leading to confusion and despair.

At the point when we think we have "got it" ie in 18 months time, they will revert to some other rule to mess us about.

The most recent rule change appeared to remove the need to report each time you returned to CM, hotels andGH taking care of their guests and long term stayers only needing to report if they changed address from the one they had previously lodged.....hence they reckoned the number of reportees woild reduce 90%

So whilst its nice for you to mention this, thankyou, it just creates more confusion which is of course what Immi want.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Despite what you say,this TM30 lark has the same ambiguity and clarity as every other immigration requirement leading to confusion and despair.

At the point when we think we have "got it" ie in 18 months time, they will revert to some other rule to mess us about.

The most recent rule change appeared to remove the need to report each time you returned to CM, hotels andGH taking care of their guests and long term stayers only needing to report if they changed address from the one they had previously lodged.....hence they reckoned the number of reportees woild reduce 90%

So whilst its nice for you to mention this, thankyou, it just creates more confusion which is of course what Immi want.

Thanks. I can only report what they told me and this new change is family related whereby the foreigner can no longer report and the Thai spouse has too. Makes sense I guess as aligning house owner (spouse) with hotel and guesthouse owners where the responsibility lies.

I agree rule changes in immigration and inconsistencies care rife perhaps twofold to discourage people and also keep jobs, i.e. self interest.

Will report back later on online success, currently my wife says it's not working LMAO.

????

Edited by stament
  • Like 1

Is the op about first time reporting or updating or both?

I think it is another mistaken communication.  It is a far reach that Immigration would find a reason to do this when non married people can report themselves, have their landlord report or have their maid, neighbor, friend or agent take down the whole families passports for updating.

29 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Is the op about first time reporting or updating or both?

I think it is another mistaken communication.  It is a far reach that Immigration would find a reason to do this when non married people can report themselves, have their landlord report or have their maid, neighbor, friend or agent take down the whole families passports for updating.

No not first time of reporting already registered for TM30 reporting and have done it a few times myself. The officer said these are specific new rules from the boss whoever that is.

13 minutes ago, stament said:

No not first time of reporting already registered for TM30 reporting and have done it a few times myself. The officer said these are specific new rules from the boss whoever that is.

I had exactly the same experience on Wednesday when I returned to CM from Vietnam. I had previously updated my TM30 by myself on numerous occasions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stament said:

Thanks. I can only report what they told me and this new change is family related whereby the foreigner can no longer report and the Thai spouse has too. Makes sense I guess as aligning house owner (spouse) with hotel and guesthouse owners where the responsibility lies.

I agree rule changes in immigration and inconsistencies care rife perhaps twofold to discourage people and also keep jobs, i.e. self interest.

Will report back later on online success, currently my wife says it's not working LMAO.

????

What if the Thai spouse is not the home owner, it is owned by an unrelated person?

5 hours ago, HullyGully said:

If in your yellow book you are the housemaster, you should be able to report

So a yellow book owner ranks higher than just a married pleb?

Really dont want to involve the wife in more immigration stress, she has the same contempt for them as we do

3 hours ago, Pesky said:

Another twist?????

A friend of mine went to Promenada this afternoon for TM30 purposes (return to Thailand & no change of address, but lives in a rented house owned by non-family 3rd party).

He was told to go to Imm at the airport, & there he was able to update his TM30 on his own, as he had on previous occasions.

Any ideas/news about this apparent change of procedure?

Now I am confused. You mean there are two TM30 places to go? Why the need for Promenada in the first place?

• Haha 2

"No not first time of reporting already registered for TM30 reporting and have done it a few times myself. The officer said these are specific new rules from the boss whoever that is." Quoting OP #5.

Same experience with me today at Promenada.  Have lived at the same address for 10 years but now the IO instructed me to have my wife, currently back in the USA, to do it online.

Does any one have an English translation of the Thai manual instructions to register and post TM30?  The house address has been previously registered by the wife and is in the Thai immigration system as confirmed on previous TM30 updates. 

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Now I am confused. You mean there are two TM30 places to go? Why the need for Promenada in the first place?

I'm confused too, hence my post. On Weds this week, I went to Promenada to update TM30 as I had arrived from Vietnam that same day. My wife had to file/update the TM30 as the house owner, whereas on previous occasions I could do it myself at Immigration.

Today, just 2 days later my friend was sent to the Airport Immigration Office by Promenada Office, & he was able to update his TM30 by himself.

Hopefully, some clarity will emerge shortly for those needing to update their TM30.

5 hours ago, Pesky said:

Another twist?????

A friend of mine went to Promenada this afternoon for TM30 purposes (return to Thailand & no change of address, but lives in a rented house owned by non-family 3rd party).

He was told to go to Imm at the airport, & there he was able to update his TM30 on his own, as he had on previous occasions.

Any ideas/news about this apparent change of procedure?

Interesting, I thought airport immigration wasn't supposed to deal with TM30s any more.