AfterMarket Exhaust EURO4

oMega69

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/air-pollution/european-level-4-motorbike-exhaust-standards-coming

Even if a EURO4 classed Exhaust system is mounted and maybe get that certified in the book? can get that street legal ? what u boys think ?

This is how its street legal in etc. . UK .

https://www.omniaracing.net/en/akrapovic-full-exhaust-system-approved-titanium-for-honda-cbr650r-2019-p-134654.html

Edited by oMega69

I would assume they must be TIS certified as well which nearly none of them are. Maybe it's possible to get a certification from a DLT but I tried and couldn't get them to even look at it.

As long as noise is kept under the Thai limits I wouldn't think you would ever get into trouble. Note though that the limits and testing procedure are different from the EURO 4 standard so there's no clear way of telling if a EURO 4 compliant exhaust would be street legal in Thailand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I would assume they must be TIS certified as well which nearly none of them are. Maybe it's possible to get a certification from a DLT but I tried and couldn't get them to even look at it.

As long as noise is kept under the Thai limits I wouldn't think you would ever get into trouble. Note though that the limits and testing procedure are different from the EURO 4 standard so there's no clear way of telling if a EURO 4 compliant exhaust would be street legal in Thailand.

I agree another western concern bringing into Thailand even some tipper trucks are noisier than my bike and my bike is noisy.

My 25 year old bike tested at DLT consisted of a check of chassis No. and engine number they didn't bother with anything else.