Entertainment venue closed for sanitisation after visitor found to have returned from Taiwan

rooster59

Entertainment venue closed for sanitisation after visitor found to have returned from Taiwan

By THE NATION

800_b46d801b63ab444.jpg

Photo credit: Facebook: tawandangkhonkaen

An entertainment venue in Khon Kaen province was closed for a day to undergo complete cleaning after being visited by a woman who had been to a Covid-19 high-risk area.

Natthawut Thewapithak, manager of Tawandang Mahason, an entertainment venue in Khon Kaen’s Mueang district, said in a statement on Friday (March 6) that his establishment will be closed for one day for cleaning and preparing measures to prevent the possible spread of the new coronavirus after it was visited by a Thai woman who had just come back from Taipei, a territory considered high risk for Covid-19 infection.

According to a news source, the announcement came after the woman took a selfie at a restroom of Tawandaeng Mahason on March 4 and posted it on social media, while earlier on March 2 she had posted a selfie taken at Taoyuan International Airport in Taipei, saying that she was returning home from a shopping trip.

Netizens were upset after seeing the photos that she did not go through the mandatory 14-day self-quarantine after visiting a high-risk place but had instead visited a crowded entertainment venue with more than 1,000 attendants.

Natthawut said that he had ordered staff to clean the tables, chairs, restrooms and all equipment with disinfectants to ensure the safety of customers. “Furthermore, we will use thermo-scanner on attendants and will ask those with fever higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius to refrain from going in,” he added. “We have also urged both customers and staff to use hand sanitiser gel both before and after using the restrooms.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383562

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-08

• Haha 1

A group of students recently returned from Taiwan and went straight back to class in my university right here in the LOS.

No staying at home for them and the Uni knows they are attending class. They really don't care about any kind of rules. ????  Thankfully, I am not teaching any of them, but my colleague is.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

An entertainment venue in Khon Kaen province was closed for a day to undergo complete cleaning after being visited by a woman who had been to a Covid-19 high-risk area.

Just wonder about alle the venues in the tourist areas, where it has been revealed that half million arrived from high risk areas...:whistling:

The packed night club I visited last night even had an Italian guest DJ – not to forget many Italian tourists, and probably also some from other high risk areas – and as usual many  and ????! Shall I be worried today...????

It's interesting that they regard Taiwan as a high risk area when they have less cases than Thailand.

Right now Taiwan has just 45 confirmed cases.

Of course there's a lot of friction between Taiwan and China and we all know who's in charge

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1