Pm To Lead Govt Football Team

george

:oPM to lead govt football team

BANGKOK: -- People who thought the prime minister might give up on football if his bid for a stake in the Liverpool club fails, should think again.

The world’s most popular sport may have got under Thaksin’s skin. Or perhaps the PM is looking to show the world he actually enjoys the game – despite little previous interest. The premier is due to wear the No 10 shirt and lead Cabinet members and Thai Rak Thai MPs in a friendly match against a team of ambassadors, consuls and embassy officials based in Thailand.

The match will be played at Rajamangala Stadium on Saturday (June 12).

It’s hardly likely to be a big crowdpuller, given that some players could be middleaged and overweight.

But Thaksin may not mind – because the match will be shown live on staterun Channels 9 and 11, plus the Thai TV Global Network that covers most of Asia and Europe.

Critics are already joking that it’s set for more coverage than a major announcement by the Opposition. And it will show what his ministers can do – aside from swapping seats before each censure debate.

--The Nation 2004-06-08

I wander if Toxin's team will win? If I could put a bet on I would go for the PM scoring the only goal of the match within the first 5 minutes and then substituting himself as some pressing engagement will arise and of course the Country comes before anything and everything.

Funny Old Game :o

I wander if Toxin's team will win? If I could put a bet on I would go for the PM scoring the only goal of the match within the first 5 minutes and then substituting himself as some pressing engagement will arise and of course the Country comes before anything and everything.

Funny Old Game :o

Ladbrookes and william hill have closed there books :D