Users3BB password for HG8145V5

mkec

Hello, I forgot the admin account password of my 3BB HG8145V5 but I'm not allowed to reset the router. I found out that there is another account with the username of Users3BB but I don't know the password. Does anyone know?

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Is the Admin password not on an official sticker on the underside of the 3BB router? Mine is.

Same for me and I have the exact same model as the OP.

From memory it has always been this way.

Can I change it? Have to check.

It's ridiculously unsafe with only 4 characters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markwhite said:

The HG8240 has a hard-coded admin password that might be common across all Huawei routers:

Did repeated attempts on the 3BB HG8145V5 and it does not work there.

Seems it is not possible to change the admin password or at least needs additional "unlock" knowledge?

On the other hand it shows a full blown dialog for password change.

I won't fiddle for know. Wife will give me a bad look if I crash the internet access :tongue:

The router says:

The administrator uses the initial password. If you want to change this password, please contact the telecom carrier. For details about how to change the password, see the Security Maintenance from http://support.huawei.com.

After REREADING the OP:

you already changed the password and forgot??

Maybe there is hard reset method (button?).

But be prepared that you might have a hard time to setup the whole configuration.

Edited by KhunBENQ

First, make sure the router is on. Then take a straightened paperclip and press down on the reset button for a full 10 seconds. If you hold the reset button down for less than 10 seconds you only reboot the router instead of resetting it like you wanted.

Good luck and don't hold me responsible.

the credentials indicated in the sticker is the superuser account. the credentials indicated on the router is the one hardcoded not the telecomadmin username and password. also, i think i will lose internet connection cause you also need to reconfig the pppoe account. the Users3BB account is the basic user account for that model and the settings there are sufficient for my needs.