Coronavirus Hospital Quarantine Worst-Case Scenario Question

tomdfc

Does anyone have a feel for what the costs might be, assuming a 14 day enforced stay with supporting medical treatment?  I understand the cost would probably vary depending on the hospital.  I also understand it would depend on individual circumstances.  Any ball-park figures based on hospitalisation-stay experience might be helpful.  Thanks in anticipation.  

The patient is foreign and not insured.  Understand the probably-wide range of symptoms and that there will accordingly be a range of financial costs depending on that.  But ball-park is better than no idea.  Thanks.

1. 2 ball parks here... One relates to the 14 days in the OP - which depicts a query focussing just upon Quarantine; akin to what newly arrived travellers from suspect locations endure - like an enforced stay at the Flying School etc
  2. The the query expanded to mention Hospital and Treatments, which is a different ball park.

worst scenario; is becoming that of becoming landfill in the ballpark ????  

When I had surgery at Samitivej hospital on Sukhumvit 49 in Bangkok, I spent one night in the hospital with nurses checking me every hour. The price included three meals and an IV (I assume an anti-bacterial). The room was roughly 5,500THB per night. So, for 14 days, you might expect to be paying 75k to 80k for the room. Tack on doctor visits and medications, and the bill will get closer to 100k. Cheap, in my opinion, for a hospital of that quality.

• Like 1

Motorcycle accident in Nong Kai's newest/best hospital with a broke ankle = 4 nights, operation from a non English speaking Dr and had a VIP room with hot and cold running nurses and [smuggled] Mekong rum cost me 37K THB, but was later reimbursed by the moto rental basic insurance company for the whole amount.  I think room charge was 1.5KTHB/night..............good value, as it would have cost 37K$ at least in the US at a regular hospital with ugly uncaring nurses................

• Like 1