Red Parking Cards at Makro

dingdongrb

On 3/14/2020 at 2:52 AM, Dumbastheycome said:

Would  you trust  cash  money? What if  you  use a  card that  you are obliged  to  hand over for processing? The  change or the receipt? Clean?

no one in their right mind is going to let their 'credit etc etc' card out of their own grasp.

The chances are higher of a card swiping scam occurring, than the virtuality of the virus scampering onto it 

5 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

True but I have had mine read and saw, with my own eyes, that the Operator was holding it directly at my forehead and only a few cms away.

A distance of a few cm may be too close and an inaccurate result is possible.

Typically these devices have an optimal optical range of 30cm.

There is also the point to spot ratio to be considered but thats getting a bit technical for Somchai to consider.

34 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

A distance of a few cm may be too close and an inaccurate result is possible.

Typically these devices have an optimal optical range of 30cm.

There is also the point to spot ratio to be considered but thats getting a bit technical for Somchai to consider.

...and you're an expert on every model that is currently being used?   Hmmmmm....

I think one better get up to the current facts.

"Non-contact infrared thermometers are held three to 15 cm away from the patient and typically measure temperature on the forehead or temple."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK263237/

https://www.community.healthcare.mic.nihr.ac.uk/reports-and-resources/horizon-scanning-reports/hs-report-0025

10 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

...and you're an expert on every model that is currently being used?   Hmmmmm....

I think one better get up to the current facts.

My facts come from reading the operational manuals of the actual devices, albeit they are industrial IR Scanners (Fluke for example)... not medical ones.

These places doing entry scans... are they using industrial or medical devices ?

A lot of the devices ive been scanned with over the past week look very similar to the one pictured below, I put very little faith in its accuracy.

irscanner.jpg

Edited by Don Mega

1 hour ago, tifino said:

no one in their right mind is going to let their 'credit etc etc' card out of their own grasp.

How does this forum attract so many people with such extreme and absurd views?  Or is this just characteristic of the kind of people in CM now?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

My facts come from reading the operational manuals of the actual devices, albeit they are industrial IR Scanners (Fluke for example)... not medical ones.

These places doing entry scans... are they using industrial or medical devices ?

A lot of the devices ive been scanned with over the past week look very similar to the one pictured below, I put very little faith in its accuracy.

irscanner.jpg

...and the ones that have been measuring me are not industrial devices like what Fluke makes but are medical like this one..... So a few cms of distance is the requirement. You're measuring human body temperature not hot water/gas lines in an industrial building.

Therm.jpeg.a6126e87de6c6907219d9b63ad056a61.jpeg

35 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Therm.jpeg.a6126e87de6c6907219d9b63ad056a61.jpeg

Ive not seen ones like that in use in when ive been scanned, is that whats been used when you have been checked?

Be interesting to see if the operator can produce proof of adequate training and a current calibration certificate.

4 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

It's obvious you are the expert. You seem to know everything, how the body works as well as the Internet.

I think the poster was merely identifying the fact that those handheld thermal measuring devices are not so accurate. But hey, I'm sure you could just put your hand on my forehead and tell me exactly what my body temperature is....  ????

Thanks for the recognition and for explaining on behalf of the poster ????