Bg Having Loan To Pay Back?

I just wonder if some of u are having experience and/or knowledge about HOW to find out if a bg (not necessarily your g/f) has got (unspoken) trouble by means of having to pay back any loans (given to her parents or whoever)? And - furthermore - could it be that those "best friends" (mostly a bit older than the bg's age) are the one's who force her to do that particular job?

Not only bgs get into debt with local loan sharks. There's no real way to find out other than asking her and she tells the truth. Her parents or other siblings might have a debt and she feels obliged to help pay it off. Her older friends don't force her to work but could influence her with the easy,good money.

I suspect that you would be hard pressed to find a BG that did not have a debt somewhere in the family. But for sure you will not be able to find out by asking even though you may get an honest reply. She may not know about debt, or most of the family may not know about it until the day of reconning comes and someone shows up at the door to take property from some family member that did not want to let rest of family know that they borrowed baht from one of the sharks. You just have to hope that it has not reached an impossible status.

One thing to do ahead of time is make it known that you are not there to pay off all the debts of the family, and to do it early enough that their expectations are not already established that you will bail them out.

Good luck.

I just wonder if some of u are having experience and/or knowledge about HOW to find out if a bg (not necessarily your g/f) has got (unspoken) trouble by means of having to pay back any loans (given to her parents or whoever)? And - furthermore - could it be that those "best friends" (mostly a bit older than the bg's age) are the one's who force her to do that particular job?

If she isn't your girlfriend, what is it to do with you anyway ?

i think he want to pay the girl debt.

She must be a girlfriend. Change bars and BG's is a simple way out of her problems if he decides that he doesn't want to pay

looks like i need to re-design the question:

she is a friend for now. i could say i love her. but i am not in thailand until september. so i do not consider her now to be my (future) g/f.

she is no bg either but close to crash into bar/gogo-biz as she currently stays Samui and being obviously "taken care" of by "her best friend" (and she looks like to be quite professional in her work as freelancer).

i do not know at all IF there is any loan but - also according to some statements here - it is likely to be so.

i furthermore do not intend to pay back any loan. at least, not until i am back. anyway it could have quite an influence in my decisions - future g/f yes or no - if i knew a bit more about her (possible) financial troubles. i will for sure question her when back but i am not so confident she will give accurate information (*sigh*)

she is no bg either but close to crash into bar/gogo-biz as she currently stays Samui and being obviously "taken care" of by "her best friend" (and she looks like to be quite professional in her work as freelancer).

i do not know at all IF there is any loan but - also according to some statements here - it is likely to be so.

I would say it is very unlikely anything but desire for quick baht is at play for most of those that serve foreigners. Once in the trade it would be likely for her to owe money for gambling debts/drugs/expensive items needed for appearance and such. But if you believe you are saving the poor girl being led into the den of iniquity it 'could be true' and you could be the White Knight.

she is not wearing expensive clothes (not at all expensive i would say).

she has got no jewels or stuff like that.

she is neither drinking nor smoking but i fear that will happen sooner or later.

the "quick baht" i agree is no.1 reason. i still wonder about the influence her "best friend" is having. and that was kind of my original post: the loan might have realtion to that friend or others back home Sa Kaeo. Since she is capable of approx. 5 english sentences (unfortunately one of them is ....i not have money....) it is hard to investigate possible trouble circumstances.

i will do my very best to be some kinda knight (even though my financial actions are limited) but not earlier than having had the chance to talk to her eye-to-eye.

since there is almost 3 months passing by until i shall return (and stay for long long time) i am afraid she gets deeper and deeper into trouble

:o

the "quick baht" i agree is no.1 reason. i still wonder about the influence her "best friend" is having. and that was kind of my original post: the loan might have realtion to that friend or others back home Sa Kaeo. Since she is capable of approx. 5 english sentences

....and you think she will finish run for the ''quick bath'' if you pay down on her ''loan''???

I guess you allso got a lot to discuss and talk about.....after all, she can speak as much as 5(FIVE) sentences, hehe.

Spare you'rself for a lot of trouble......live and let live....enjoy life, man.

Get your GF to grass up the scumbag loan shark who gave her or her family the money and she will be debt free :D

Loan sharks are currently a thing of the past now, the scumbag has a lot more to loose now,

Thaksin very recently outlawed such loans and any shark found out to be involved however small the loan will be subject to loss of all assets ie home,car,any monies in bank etc. :o:D

the "quick baht" i agree is no.1 reason. i still wonder about the influence her "best friend" is having. and that was kind of my original post: the loan might have realtion to that friend or others back home Sa Kaeo. Since she is capable of approx. 5 english sentences

....and you think she will finish run for the ''quick bath'' if you pay down on her ''loan''???

I guess you allso got a lot to discuss and talk about.....after all, she can speak as much as 5(FIVE) sentences, hehe.

Spare you'rself for a lot of trouble......live and let live....enjoy life, man.

viking,

No I do NOT intend to pay back her loan (IF there is one; I said I ASSUME so).

You MAY BE right with your proposal about I should better keep my fingers off that matter BUT - on the other side - it seems to be I like trouble situations...

By-the-way I shall learn thai the minute after I will settle down in LOS.

Maybe she won't learn english but communication will improve after I am better in my thai.

You MAY BE right with your proposal about I should better keep my fingers off that matter BUT - on the other side - it seems to be I like trouble situations...

Good for you.

I think you will quickly learn what troubles really mean in Thailand.

Anyway, experience is a light hooked on your back, only lighting the way you went through.

So I can't blame you,...

Past debts - present debts - future debts.

Any girl has probably had debts in the past - or her family have had. These have been sorted one way or another - no need to worry about them.

Present debts - again, maybe incurred by some other member of the extended family, but the girl can rack up the money to pay back the 'loan' far quicker than a rice farmer.

Future debts - have you considered such things? A former g/f of mine (and there have been more than several) had to sort out the hospital bills of her brother, who had borrowed her motorbike and smashed it (and him) into a truck.

Siht happens - you either help her mop up the debts or look for someone else. And they all have debts. Or will have debts when their family realise you're serious.