Harvey Weinstein jailed for 23 years in rape trial

webfact

15 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Sad, and wrong.

Prosecution must prove he knew the girl was underage, her simply stating it later would not even make it to court.

I think you should have a bit of introspection as to why you have so much hatred towards women that you make things up to justify it.

bingo, it's hatred, and shaped mostly from observances made in childhood watching interactions between parents..

10 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I totally agree, and in my opinion there should also be an equal penalty to those who make accusations that are later proved to be unfounded. 

There are. But because an accused is found not guilty doesnt mean they are innocent or the accuser lied.

With your way of thinking, if the accused pleads not guilty but is found guilty should they then be sentenced extra for perjury?

Edited by Sujo

3 hours ago, charlie farnsbarns said:

If his seduction technique was too heavy handed why didn't the women just say "sorry Harvey, I'm just not in the market/I have a boyfriend" and leave the room?

This ruling is effectively saying that grown women are of diminished responsibility and unable to look out for themselves. So much for equality.

Thete is a law regarding persons who have influence and power.

Thats why clinton got done. What he did was consensual but the balance of power did him in.

Those with so much power cannot use it for sexual services.

I will never find myself in such a position, unless yingluck tells me i have to do it. I wont complain though.