AOT, Novotel Suvarnabhumi arrange 100 rooms for quarantime at hotel

webfact

AOT, Novotel Suvarnabhumi arrange 100 rooms for quarantime at hotel

By The Nation

800_d3af15391f1d561.jpeg?v=1583986694

Prasong Poontaneat

Airports of Thailand (AOT) has collaborated with Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to provide 100 rooms in the hotel for Covid-19 quarantine, Prasong Poontaneat, Airports of Thailand chairman of the board of directors, said.

AOT’s purpose is to support foreign tourists who travel to Thailand before the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand issued a regulation requiring medical certificates from foreign passengers before they are on board.

The regulation requires 14 days of quarantine but the government could not find proper accommodation so AOT decided to help out. The quarantine zones will be separate between arrivals and departures, the chairman said.

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport is the only hotel at the airport that has 612 rooms with facilities, food court, bar, spa, swimming pool and fitness centre. It is located five minutes from the airport.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383911

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-12

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport is the only hotel at the airport that has 612 rooms with facilities, food court, bar, spa, swimming pool and fitness centre.

That’s why they picked it up? ????

Not too bad to be quarantined here.

Edited by xtof2

So every passenger who arrives in Thailand must have a medical certificate that says they don't have the virus - yet, although it might not show itself until several days after that passenger gets the certificate stating that they are free of the virus? And if they arrive at Swampy or DM or anywhere else without that certificate, what then?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport is the only hotel at the airport that has 612 rooms with facilities, food court, bar, spa, swimming pool and fitness centre.

Please someone at AOT kindly explain to me what use a food court, bar, spa, swimming pool and fitness centre are to various folks who supposedly are in CV quarantine????

• Haha 1

These guys have gone round and round so many times in so many different versions on this topic -- other than the Thais returning from S. Korea who now finally are being required to quarantine -- I have no idea what the Thai govt is doing with travelers arriving from all the other countries.... other than requiring a useless medical certificate.

Kiss of death for the hotel and surprised that  Accor allowed  its Novotel brand to be  mentioned here. This is my transit hotel. I stay here the night before a flight or when I arrive too late to get where I need to go.  Yes, the hotel occupancy is  grim, but the consequences of this decision will be lethal.

Who in his right mind would want to stay in a "quarantine" hotel? Cleanliness at the hotel is mediocre at the best of times and the room AC gives me a blocked nose and a cough every stay, And yet here they will stay. The restaurant relies on  buffets and that is the the worst feeding option possible when there is a respiratory infectious disease. Will the hotel kitchen personnel be regularly tested or given  isolation gowns, respirators and  face protection? If one of them becomes infected, that person will infect guests.

I won't be using this hotel again for quite some time.

14 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:
19 hours ago, xtof2 said:

That’s why they picked it up? ????

Not too bad to be quarantined here.

Who pays?

Not the quarantined.

Its managed by Accor but owned by Suvarnabhum and Thai Airways