Cambodia Bans Entries of Foreigners from Italy, Germany, Spain, France, and US for 30 Days

Phnom Penh (FN), Mar. 14 – Cambodia announced to ban entries of foreigners from Italy, Germany, Spain, France, and the United States for 30 Days to prevent Covid-19, effective from 17 March 2020, according to Ministry of Health’s press release dated 14 March.

Be advised,Chinese, Koreans & Japanese are welcome

• Thanks 1

well its not really specific if its Nationals of or those traveling from;

http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/en/localnews/17257-2020-03-14-00-57-15.html

Anyone else, no problem.

BUT just heard from my gf sister in Kep, She has a stall in the market to do nails and went in today and was informed that market is CLOSED for 14 days..

fn-2020-03-14-07-35-08-0.jpg

• Thanks 1

The Foreign Affairs Ministry today informed all Cambodian ambassadors and consuls to suspend and reimburse all visas granted to foreigners from Italy, Germany, Spain, France and the US for 30 days as countries worldwide scramble to contain the spread of COVID-19.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50701677/kingdom-temporarily-suspends-visas-for-five-countries-to-contain-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR2DFQcBgAT0D9JuObwoNDy8Ynf6tGlfhMkNquotIz0AUnyxd8U8AAtDQQw

totally Inadequate response, as what about VOA's?

• Thanks 1

Best place to get semi-official news: 

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

It gets updated daily so might not always have the very latest developments.

For Cambodia:

CAMBODIA published 14.03.2020

Effective from 17.03.2020:

All passengers who in the past 14 days have been to, or are originating from France, Germany, Italy, Spain or USA are not allowed to enter or transit Cambodia. This restriction applies for 30 days.

This does not apply to nationals of Cambodia or residents of Cambodia.

• Like 2

If the government aren't clear whether its nationals of or travelling from, scope for immigration officers on land norders, to fleece everyone on the list  - even more than usual. US$ not accepted at the Chong Chom or Chong sa ngam borders, 1200 or 1500baht demanded. Time the government did something about it.......its not that they haven't been made aware

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Important distinction indeed.

This has me quite worried. I am in Cambodia now so getting in not an issue but if Thailand enacts the same -- and if it is based on nationality not where traveling from -- I won't be able to get out and go back home.

Me too. Does this mean if I go get my meds in BKK, I cant come back?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Me too. Does this mean if I go get my meds in BKK, I cant come back?

This is what is less than clear. I interpret it as meaning traveling from not national of but entering, especially by air, on a US passport would immediately raise suspicion that you came from US.

Not many meds that can't be gotten in Phnom Penh. If you prefer being stranded in Camb to being stranded in Thailand suggest you come to PP.  Try Penn Vong pharmacy on Sihanouk west of Monivong or any of the many pharmacies around Olympic Market. Could also give Pharmacie Le Gare a call before hand

17 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

They have already stopped allowing people travelling  from these countries to enter. Presumably would therefore not give a VOA.

From US embassy still very unclear;  note where i bolded below  ( all Americans)

MPORTANT NOTICE to AMERICAN CITIZENS 1 of 3:

The Cambodian Ministry of Health (MOH) announced on March 14 a 30-day suspension of entry into Cambodia on "foreigners traveling from" the United States, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The suspension will go into effect on Tuesday March 17.

Cambodian authorities have not clarified the application of this suspension for individuals currently outside of the country with valid Cambodia residence or work permits, or for individuals from the five cited countries seeking to enter Cambodia from other points of origin.

American citizens traveling in the region who wish to travel or return to Cambodia in the near-term should make every effort to do so before this suspension of entry goes into effect on March 17, 2020.
The MOH also announced two non-Cambodian citizens tested positive for COVID-19 in Phnom Penh. To date, Cambodia has had a total of seven confirmed cases of COVID-19.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has issued a Level 2 Travel Notice for Cambodia and the U.S. Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory (Reconsider Travel).

MPORTANT NOTICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS 2 of 3:

Entry and Exit Requirements:
On March 14, 2020, the Cambodian authorities announced that foreigners traveling from the following countries will not be allowed to enter Cambodia: the United States, Italy, Germany, Spain, and France. American citizens traveling in the region who wish to travel or return to Cambodia in the near-term should make every effort to do so before this 30-day suspension of entry goes into effect on March 17, 2020. Individuals with specific questions should contact the nearest Cambodian Embassy or Consulate for answers.

Travelers are required to complete a health declaration form before disembarkation in Cambodia.
Cambodia has placed thermal scanners and quarantine teams at the three international airports in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and Sihanoukville, and at border checkpoints. Screening, however, is minimal.
We encourage travelers to reference travel pages for all transiting nations before arrival in Cambodia.

MPORTANT NOTICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS 3 of 3:

Quarantine Information:
The Cambodian Ministry of Health has designated three hospitals in Phnom Penh (Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital, National Pediatric Hospital, and Kunthabopha Hospital), and 25 Provincial Referral Hospitals as medical facilities that can order a test for, and treat, suspected cases of COVID-19.
Provincial healthcare facilities may be underdeveloped and lacking the resources to provide an expected level of care. For instance, provincial hospitals in Cambodia expect family members to provide admitted patients with bed linens, meals, and supportive hygiene care.

The Cambodian Ministry of Health (MOH), in consultation with the WHO, US-CDC, and the Institute Pasteur of Cambodia (IPC), has selected IPC as the designated lab for COVID-19 testing.

Quarantine policies in Cambodia are not well-established and may be unpredictable. Americans traveling or residing in Cambodia who are required to observe a public health quarantine may experience austere, unsanitary, or ad-hoc conditions.

Local Resources:
For additional information in Cambodia, travelers can call the 115 hotline or MOH officials at: 012 825 424, 012 488 981 or 012 836 868. Information is available in English and Khmer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This is what is less than clear. I interpret it as meaning traveling from not national of but entering, especially by air, on a US passport would immediately raise suspicion that you came from US.

Not many meds that can't be gotten in Phnom Penh. If you prefer being stranded in Camb to being stranded in Thailand suggest you come to PP.  Try Penn Vong pharmacy on Sihanouk west of Monivong or any of the many pharmacies around Olympic Market. Could also give Pharmacie Le Gare a call before hand

I like being stranded here in Cambodia. I have a pool, luxury apartment with a fabulous breeze, a whole list of food delivery places, a paucity of tourists (its dead here), loads of devils lettuce netflix, Johnsonville brats and progresso soup!

But Im calling Penn vong now. Id really hate to be just wandering around Phnom Penn with a pocketful of cash at the end of the world

• Like 1