Travel restrictions related to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

Isaanbiker

This article is about travel restrictions sorted by travel origin. For restrictions sorted by implementing country or territory, see Category:2019–20 coronavirus pandemic by country and territory.

As a result of the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic, many countries and regions have imposed quarantines and/or entry bans for citizens or visitors of the most affected areas of the pandemic.

Please see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_restrictions_related_to_the_2019–20_coronavirus_pandemic

• Thanks 1

Interesting.

I note that the first link says travellers toThailand from the UK are expected to go into home based quarantine.

I don't recall an announcement of this (I could have missed it) - Can somebody link to the government announcement please?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Interesting.

I note that the first link says travellers from the UK are expected to go into home based quarantine.

I don't recall an announcement of this - Can somebody link to the government announcement please?

All I've read was for people in the UK who should go into home based quarantine if seriously showing signs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Interesting.

I note that the first link says travellers toThailand from the UK are expected to go into home based quarantine.

I don't recall an announcement of this (I could have missed it) - Can somebody link to the government announcement please?

On DPH website.

covid.PNG.1e6600bd8a9e046d62f583b3dbf412b8.PNG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

That's new from yesterday evening and it seems to change by the hour. 

Yes, but it is the official Thai government source of information that @Crossy was asking for.

Nothing has been updated since then but just like the UK, USA, New Zealand and other far more civilized countries with competent, honest governments,  transparent reporting systems, nothing to hide and no need to pander to Chinese tourism that have also changed their official travelers advice during the day, the updates in Thailand can also change quickly.

Amazing Thailand, eh?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, but it is the official Thai government source of information that @Crossy was asking for.

Nothing has been updated since then but just like the UK, USA, New Zealand and other far more civilized countries with competent, honest governments,  transparent reporting systems, nothing to hide and no need to pander to Chinese tourism that have also changed their official travelers advice during the day, the updates in Thailand can also change quickly.

Amazing Thailand, eh?

Thanks for your kind words. There's nothing more amazing about this country.

What bugs me is a Thai member who seems to believe that all the information we get from the government is accurate.

Unfortunately, is it a similar cover-up what China is doing.

I've been here 18 years, but when I read dirty foreigners, there's something that makes my blood boiling.

If Thailand had started a travel ban for Chinese people right at the beginning when the dangers were evident for us, the number of infections in European countries could be much lower. 

I do not understand why Thailand is trying to blame Europe, or the US for the outbreak, while they didn't do anything to prevent it.

I've just received an email saying that the borders in Poland and Denmark are closed. At least they do something. 

Typical Pinocchio. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

On DPH website.

Local transmission country nationals coming to Thailand, in the absence of a person having symptoms, only require SELF MONITORING and REPORTING, not quarantine.

500061008_2020-03-1417_44_51.jpg.7c6e899369df266f7df2f9f880c4c001.jpg

1704813890_2020-03-1417_43_07.jpg.821492c9dc61a41b176b0765915c928d.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/img/main/Measures110363.pdf

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:
41 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

On DPH website.

Local transmission country nationals coming to Thailand, in the absence of a person having symptoms, only require SELF MONITORING and REPORTING, not quarantine.

Yes, and this is how you do report if it all goes pear-shaped, tits-up, etc. during your 14-day 'soft' quarantine..

The Thailand Ministry of Public Health Hotline is 1422

If you have either:

Fever: a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back.
Cough: a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly.
Breathing: difficulty breathing that you haven't experienced before.

Stay at home and self-isolate for 7 days

Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.

You do not need to contact 1422 to tell them you're staying at home or report the above.

Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you're staying at home.

Call the 1422 hotline if:

You are unable to cope with your symptoms at home.
Your condition is getting worse, or
Your symptoms do not get better after 7 days.

...and keep washing your hands!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, and this is how you do report if it all goes pear-shaped, tits-up, etc. during your 14-day 'soft' quarantine..

If you have either:

You do not need to contact 1422 to tell them you're staying at home or report the above.

They supposedly are working on, or are beginning to implement, some kind of online system for people under self monitoring to report their daily status to the DDC. For self monitoring people, the rules say they DO have to make daily reports of their status.

1670336296_2020-03-1417_52_21.jpg.eccb67989ee721eadd6d1621249dc567.jpg

362514652_2020-03-1417_54_48.jpg.d86e9a02d2774b0b57ccbb93dcbf38cf.jpg

1520999227_2020-03-1417_54_59.jpg.1fc4784065e7e97172abc23f1f55ac3d.jpg

https://www.tatnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Thailand-Department-of-Disease-Control-Q_A_measures-for-travelers_11March2020.pdf

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

31 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If you have either:

That makes sense. And dead people usually don't call others. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
I forgot to wash my hands again!

I've just called the hotline 1422. Unfortunately, it takes about 30 minutes to get somebody.

I had a lady who told me to go to the local hospital. I was asking if they'd have test kids, but she couldn't answer my question.

Then she started to talk about self isolating and it got weird.

It seems that the hospitals are not prepared for more people.

But I hadn't expected a better outcome. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2020 at 7:44 PM, Isaanbiker said:

I've just called the hotline 1422. Unfortunately, it takes about 30 minutes to get somebody.

I had a lady who told me to go to the local hospital. I was asking if they'd have test kids, but she couldn't answer my question.

Then she started to talk about self isolating and it got weird.

It seems that the hospitals are not prepared for more people.

But I hadn't expected a better outcome. 

This thread is in the Visas/Migration to Other Countries Forum, so perhaps the Mods could keep it on topic about travel restrictions to pandemic affected countries for people coming from Thailand, and not let it turn into a general pandemic thread or a thread about the situation here?

25 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

This thread is in the Visas/Migration to Other Countries Forum, so perhaps the Mods could keep it on topic about travel restrictions to pandemic affected countries for people coming from Thailand, and not let it turn into a general pandemic thread or a thread about the situation here?

Agreed, I'll move this thread to the Travel Forum

Germany started closing its borders.

Germany is to close its borders with neighbouring countries including France, the latest in a string of tough actions by EU member states to fight the coronavirus pandemic. The move by Berlin to shut the borders with Austria, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg and Denmark will come into force at 8am on Monday and marks an abrupt volte-face by Angela Merkel’s government.

More here: https://www.ft.com/content/2f8967a2-66d6-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

Edited by Isaanbiker

19 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Germany started closing its borders.

That was news of yesterday.

Today all of EU will close it's borders to all non essential travel from Non-EU countries.

I am surprised that I didn't find it in the news quickly.

Curfew in France, near curfew in Germany...

Deep s..t.

UK seem still denying the threat but mood seems to swing?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

International travelers to Beijing have now to pay out of their own pocket for quarantine.

Insane for a country that was causing so many deaths.

Plus, they withheld important information that was in favor of the virus and gave it all chances to reach all destinations.

International travellers landing in Beijing will be quarantined for 14 days at their own expense, authorities in the Chinese capital announced on Sunday, as governments around the world introduced new restrictions to contain a coronavirus pandemic.

From Monday, everybody entering Beijing from outside the country will be transferred to a central isolation facility for 14 days of observation, Chen Bei, deputy secretary general of the Beijing municipal government, said, as the country scrambles to prevent more imported cases.

Scary, a Central Isolation Facility in China. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Let's have some good wine before we die.

3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

International travelers to Beijing have now to pay out of their own pocket for quarantine.

Insane for a country that was causing so many deaths.

Plus, they withheld important information that was in favor of the virus and gave it all chances to reach all destinations.

International travellers landing in Beijing will be quarantined for 14 days at their own expense, authorities in the Chinese capital announced on Sunday, as governments around the world introduced new restrictions to contain a coronavirus pandemic.

From Monday, everybody entering Beijing from outside the country will be transferred to a central isolation facility for 14 days of observation, Chen Bei, deputy secretary general of the Beijing municipal government, said, as the country scrambles to prevent more imported cases.

Scary, a Central Isolation Facility in China. 

If anything the world needs to send China the bill for all of this once the situation stabilizes 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

These people, including the cop, do not wear a mask, nor gloves.

Even when masks might not help very much, it should decrease the risk from infected people to infect others.

And all people who had and others who still have to die just because one nation likes to eat raw bats?

How sick is China with their blocked news? 

8 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

If anything the world needs to send China the bill for all of this once the situation stabilizes 

Yep, China is at fault and China only. If they'd have told the world that they had a severe outbreak of at that time unknown virus, not so many people would be infected.

Not many people would have traveled to China at a time when nobody told the rest of the world, if they would have known the truth.  

Isn't that also called manslaughtering? Shame on China and his Communist government that does all to keep the people quiet.

The majority is so fed up. The Communism came to a dead end. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1

While other countries are on lockdown, China reported one new case

Nearly two months after a coronavirus outbreak in central China escalated into a national emergency, the country’s daily count of new, local infections has approached tantalizingly close to zero.

Just one new locally originated infection was reported on Monday, according to the Chinese National Health Commission’s daily update of new coronavirus cases. The new cases was in Wuhan, the center of the outbreak.

An additional 20 new cases were also recorded in China on Monday, but were among travelers arriving from abroad to Beijing, Shanghai and other cities.

The new cases from Monday were from abroad?

What a bizarre country! 

More here: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/world/coronavirus-news.html#link-527b5d04

Coronavirus: 4 things travelers to Germany should know

16.03.2020 - Article

Due to the coronavirus outbreak many countries have imposed travel restriction or taken other steps to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Travelers can find useful and important information for trips to Germany here.

1. Entry: border controls, more checks but no general bans

Temporary borders controls have been introduced between Germany and France, Austria, Switzerland, Luxemburg and Denmark from Monday, March 16th, 8:00 a.m.. Deliveries of goods and commuters are allowed to cross these borders. Travelers on any non-essential travels may be refused entry.

Also the railway company (Deutsche Bahn) has announced to reduce regional train connetions. Long-distance traffic is not affected by this.

Currently no other travel restrictions are in place. However, all travelers should take the information and instructions of the following leaflet into consideration. Leaflets will be handed out by carriers to passengers on trips to Germany:

Handout on Coronavirus

Passengers, arriving from China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea by plane or ship, must provide information on their flight/trip. They will be handed a disembarkation card for this purpose. Disembarkation cards will also be mandatory on trains, if a suspected case on the train arises.

2. How to behave when in Germany?

In case travelers develop symptoms associated with Covid-19 (coughing, a runny nose, sore throat and fever) they should get in touch by phone with a doctor or contact the hotline 116 117. Often travel guides or hotels can also help in this case. Travelers should keep the contact details of their home country’s embassy or consulate in Germany in case they need to contact these.

A short overview on what to do to help protect yourself and others is available here:

Leaflet on coronavirus: Protect - Recognise - Act

In Germany the Robert Koch Institute identifies risk areas. Currently, the county of Heinsberg (Northern Rhina-Westphalia) is the only area considered a risk area in Germany. The up-to-date list is available on the website of the Robert Koch Institute (German only).

Watch out for local regulations

Measures for fighting the spread of the coronavirus are subject to local regulation. This may include quarantine measures in case of a confirmed infection with Covid-19. As of now there are no special nationwide restrictions in place. But it is recommended to avoid public event with more than 1.000 attendees. A number of these events have already been cancelled. Berlin has banned gatherings with more than 50 people, leading to the closure of clubs, theatres and cinemas. Hamburg has also banned gatherings without regard for the number of attendees.

Generally, the international advice for reducing the spread of the coronavirus should be followed. These include washing the hands regularly and thoroughly with soap for 20-30 seconds, sneezing into the elbow or a quickly to be disposed of handkerchief or tissue, keeping distance to other people and avoid shaking hands. Further Information and details can be found on the World Health Organization’s website.

Where possible the number of trips should be reduced and public transport avoided, to further reduce the risk of an infection.

3. Transits through other countries and returning home

Due to many recent travel restrictions Germany has advised its citizens against non-essential travels to other countries.

A number of countries have imposed travel restrictions in connection with the outbreak of the coronavirus. Some of these may also ban entry or impose quarantine for travelers coming from Germany. These may change very quickly.

Travelers are therefore advised to contact the embassy or consulate of their transit or destination country to receive information on possible entry restrictions. Travelers should also keep themselves informed about any changes during their stay abroad. In many cases also the health ministry or competent authorities provide information for travelers on their websites.

4. Where to find more information

More information is available at the following institutions:

Ministry of Health

Ministry of Transportation

The World Health Organization

Robert Koch Institute

Risk areas by Robert Koch Institute (German only)

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/coronavirus/2317268

P.S. As many trains are cancelled, use long distance trains. There are currently no restrictions when traveling in Germany.

These high speed trains are pretty comfortable and fast. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  How does a non religious person pray? 

• 3 weeks later...