Passport admitted until date

Hello all.

Would just like to check/confirm that it is ok to be passing through immigration(Suvarnabhumi airport) on the admitted until date in Passport. I,m thinking of changing my return flight from about 47 days so I get the full 60 day stay in Thailand.My return flight is about an hour after midnight so would be passing through immigration about 9pm on for example 28th March but actually departing Thailand an hour or so into 29th.I am assuming the Immigration officer just looks at the date he sees me at his desk?

Cheers

Edited by gaztop08

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon the officer stamping you out of the country.

But they would not fine you 500 baht for a overstay of less than 24 hours. The put a stamp saying you overstayed less than 24 hours.

Ok thanks.At the moment I have no overstay stamps in my passport and would like to keep it that way.The admitted until date is 28th March so could actually pass through immigration on 27th but fly out on 28th just after midnight.And I assume I won’t have overstayed then.

Edited by gaztop08

7 minutes ago, gaztop08 said:

Ok thanks.At the moment I have no overstay stamps in my passport and would like to keep it that way.The admitted until date is 28th March so could actually pass through immigration on 27th but fly out on 28th just after midnight.And I assume I won’t have overstayed then.

Certainly no overstay using those days as an example.

A one day overstay is really nothing since it happens all the time.

6 hours ago, gaztop08 said:

If you're admitted until the 28th you can stay until midnight on the 28th. So you would not be on overstay leaving in the early hours of the 28th. 

Admitted until is misleading. The 28th is included.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steve187 said:

op you could get a 30 day extension if you wanted more time

Yes as it is at the moment I just get about an extra eleven days by changing flight date and just getting under 60 days. I had considered the extension of 30 days and got quotes of agents doing it for 3500 baht to 4000 baht.Never done an extension before always gone home just under the 2 months.

Is it only the 30 day extension that is available...That or nothing?

2 hours ago, gaztop08 said:

Yes as it is at the moment I just get about an extra eleven days by changing flight date and just getting under 60 days. I had considered the extension of 30 days and got quotes of agents doing it for 3500 baht to 4000 baht.Never done an extension before always gone home just under the 2 months.

Is it only the 30 day extension that is available...That or nothing?

yes unless you have Thai family, easy to do an extension 1,900 baht

3 hours ago, gaztop08 said:

I had considered the extension of 30 days and got quotes of agents doing it for 3500 baht to 4000 baht.

Do it yourself and the cost would only be 1900 baht plus the cost of one photo and about 4 copies.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do it yourself and the cost would only be 1900 baht plus the cost of one photo and about 4 copies.

Maybe my understanding is wrong but I thought if I had known I was going to immigration I should have reported within 24 hours and used a TM30(I didn’t think I would want an extension when I first come here).Wont they be looking for a TM30 from me?.My guesthouse boss has said they can give me paperwork saying I have been resident here.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That would be a TM30 form. It is their responsibility to do it.

I would be willing to go to immigration myself. Is it just a small fine(how much)if I/O not happy with TM30 side of things?

8 minutes ago, gaztop08 said:

Is it just a small fine(how much)if I/O not happy with TM30 side of things?

It depends upon the immigration office you go to. It can be 800 to 1600 baht up to the maximum of 2000 baht.