A seriously new low for the Australian dollar

Look on the bright side, cobber, that's still less than 40% down. The pound was down from a high of around 76 to a low of 36 a few months ago, that's way more than a 50% drop. Things could still get worse, in times like these every government will be trying to push its currency down against all the others.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is for flights. 

My sister had a lovely beach house in Pt Lonsdale, if he happy to stay in for a couple of weeks and do my work online. 

Great spot...l use to holiday at nearby Queenscliff as a kid...... doing up the golf course there as well...looks fantastic.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

The Aussie dollar was over 30 Baht when I first came here in 2010.

When I first came here in 1992 it was struggling to make 20 baht/$1.00.Aust. No doubt it will rise again until the next covid19 appearance in 2026.

• Confused 1

I'm waiting for the Thai baht to depreciate, seriously. Uncompetitive exports, jammed supply chains, no income for many rural Thais, tourist industry in a tailspin. I could have fired a cannon in Big C's Chiang Rai store today and not hit anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Don't you just wish it was still 2005? 

Really, I dont. My wealth has increased five times in the last 15 years since than. So it is OK as long as it remains more than 30BHT/USD for the next five years. My financial planning is based on 25BHT/USD but this corona virus and the economic fall out may keep baht to at least 30USD for the next decade. 

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suppose that's why Chinese buy up Australian property hand over fist, buy all our minerals, and send bulk buys of stuff like infant formula and supplements back home. Because they know the quality is there.

Dumbest post I have read for quite a while.

But are they buying Victoria Bitter?

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

But are they buying Victoria Bitter?

Big buyers of Australian wine. And if you eat a lobster tail anywhere on the West Coast of America, odds are very good it came from Tasmanian waters. Finished trolling?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlastikbinLina said:

When I first came here in 1992 it was struggling to make 20 baht/$1.00.Aust. No doubt it will rise again until the next covid19 appearance in 2026.

Possibly...the USD, EUR, GBP and CHF have all managed significant gains against the Baht over the past 3 months...USD from below 30 in Dec, 2019 to roughly 31.9 now. EUR from a low of 32.5 to 35.5 now; CHF from 31ish to 33.7 currently and the GBP from 36ish to 39.5ish (a slight drop from 40 a week or so ago).

Only the AUD continues to fall further...it's now 1 Baht weaker than it was just a week or so ago (19.5 vs. 20.5).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suppose that's why Chinese buy up Australian property hand over fist, buy all our minerals, and send bulk buys of stuff like infant formula and supplements back home. Because they know the quality is there.

Dumbest post I have read for quite a while.

You're quite dependent on China. A problem for us all to varying degree.

• Like 1