Thai Con vs Diamond Block

MJCM

http://thaiconproduct.com/

http://www.dbp.co.th/en/products-detail.php?catid=6&item=18

Someone told me that there is a difference between these, something called G2 and G4, it meant (according to them) that G2 block is lighter and G4 (of course) heavier, but that G2 blocks are better for dealing with the Thai Heat (so better R-value??) and G4 are better for load bearing.

Sorry to be this vague, but can anyone comment on this?

:wai:

Wow @eyecatcher Thx!!

And what about they told me about the difference in heat reflection? Is that correct as well?

So G2 is better G4 is worse! (Heat reflection wise)

I will not be using them for load bearing, but for less heat inside of the build

I don't know that this is 100% correct, but I've read that the G2 has more air bubbles in it ....which would make it lighter and therefore give it a better R value. But I reckon the difference would be negligible in real life.

As for the difference between the various brands, again that would be negligible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

And what about they told me about the difference in heat reflection? Is that correct as well?

AAC doesn’t reflect heat. It slows or stops heat transmission through itself. Just check the specs fo R value and there is the answer, the bigger the number the better.

• Like 1

I used both in load bearing constructions. My take is that Qcon G2 holds size better, within 1mm. While Diamond G4 blocks can differ 3 mm and that makes it harder to use glue as I sometimes had to sand them down between layers to keep it straight.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

AAC doesn’t reflect heat. It slows or stops heat transmission through itself. Just check the specs fo R value and there is the answer, the bigger the number the better.

I haven't seen or could find any R Values, for Thai-Con, Diamond or Qcon blocks, maybe someone has.