How to transfer money from Indonesia to Kasikorn Bank?

Dear members,

Anyone have any idea how to transfer money ($5000) from Indonesia to Thailand (Kasikorn Bank)?

My KBank account was opened in Nan Branch but i am currently living in Bangkok. The closest Kasikorn Bank is either at Siam Paragon 4th floor or MBK 5th floor. Other than my account number & name, what other information must i submit to transferee in Indonesia? What SWIFT code should i use? And what bank address should i inform my tranferee to write on the transfer bill??

Assuming USD5000 is received, how much tax/fee will KBank deduct?

Is there any cheapest/simplest way to wire $ from Indonesia to Thailand? I checked Western Union has quite high of fee based on percentage. 

Thank you

Presumably you are doing an international wire transfer, in which case you need the SWIFT code for Kasikorn ban which is KASITHBK, that and your account number will see the incoming funds deposited to your account.

The receiving fee by banks in Thailand is usually a maximum of 500 Baht.

I strongly suggest your friend sends you USD and let Kasikorn make the currency exchange here in Thailand where exchange rates are very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saengd said:

Presumably you are doing an international wire transfer, in which case you need the SWIFT code for Kasikorn ban which is KASITHBK, that and your account number will see the incoming funds deposited to your account.

I strongly suggest your friend sends you USD and let Kasikorn make the currency exchange here in Thailand where exchange rates are very good.

Keep all transfers under 1500000 b or u pay more than 500b. I know yours is under but just letting u guys know

1 hour ago, saengd said:

Thank you. But dont KBank will automarically exchange a foreign currency into THB? Or can i receive them in USD?

10 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Thank you. But dont KBank will automarically exchange a foreign currency into THB? Or can i receive them in USD?

You have the option, especially if you have a foreign currency account and you specify on the transfer that the funds must remain in USD. Otherwise, the norm. is for the receiving bank to convert to THB when they are received.