Where To Buy Dreambox In Chiang Mai?

dutchie

I just moved to Chiang mai and i am looking for an adres to buy a satellite disk to receive HBO/Cinemax etc but also the thai channes and and BVN (netherlands). As i understand the dreambox is the best because it also has an internet connection.

Can somebody tell me where i can buy this in Chiang mai?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hans

Actually, your best bet would be to WAIT until they work out the new bugs in decoders...assuming that you will try to access the aguila sat. the following is an exerpt from an earlier post that i have made regarding alternatives to dynasat.

My history to date with dynasat......

2 and a half years ago, I purchased my first dynasat F1 box and movable dish and had near a couple of years of at least 90% good signal [on Aguila ku]....then signal started failing and my vendor suggested that i upgrade to the latest 'newshine' box. that worked for a couple of months and then needed upgrading every week or so. My vendor then suggested the ultimate box, the 'dream 500' and said that it would end all my problems........NOT!!! in the 2 months that i've had it, it's been down or in the shop most of the time and costing me lots of gas and time fetching it back and forth.

yesterday, i visited 4 vendors in CM and they all were having the same plobrem....updates last a couple of days at most then have to be reprogramed again. it could be the end of the 'dynasat honeymoon', so unless you have money to gamble, you should just wait for a while until things settle down.

hi to all Expats from CMX.

Can not confirm, pretty good working Dream.... on Dreambox.

best Dealer, i think...

look here: www.techsatellite.cx.la

Pretty good prices and good service.

probably correct on the best dealer, but still way short of after sales service for updates. (Im one of their customers)

Dont go near the one on Chiang Moi rd- rogues :D

Jaideeguy is correct about Dream TV, my STB card has needed 3 updates in the last 2 weeks :o

It could be worse I guess and be smack bang in the middle of Rugby WC. We shall see.

Maybe time for a completely different set up.

anyone got any suggestions? And I dont want UBC either.

best Dealer, i think...

probably correct on the best dealer, but still way short of after sales service for updates. (Im one of their customers)

Jaideeguy is correct about Dream TV, my STB card has needed 3 updates in the last 2 weeks :o

It could be worse I guess and be smack bang in the middle of Rugby WC. We shall see.

Hi DB, the problem with the cards, mostly Atmega8, will consist...

There is simply no Auto-Update File possible right now for STi 5518 Chip-Receiver, or Smartcards like Atmega.

There is a big Pay-per-View event on 15th in PH, thats also a reason, they jump back and forward.

Consider simply a upgrade to a Dreambox 500, they are cheap and running through like a hot knife

through butter...

Edited by truman

best Dealer, i think...

Hi DB, the problem with the cards, mostly Atmega8, will consist...

There is simply no Auto-Update File possible right now for STi 5518 Chip-Receiver, or Smartcards like Atmega.

There is a big Pay-per-View event on 15th in PH, thats also a reason, they jump back and forward.

Consider simply a upgrade to a Dreambox 500, they are cheap and running through like a hot knife

through butter...

By the way, for all Dynasat Owners, F1 and Silverbox only, Version L369 is working right now again!

How long? i have no idea...

You need only a Zero-Modem cable to flash...

The link per PM, if somebody is interested.

Dreambox Owners do not face thuch problems...

My Box is still runing over a year now...

Maybe, cause i know the Image-Maker...hahahaha

Edited by truman

OK Truman, sounds like you have some understanding on how to operate these new dreamboxes. mine is still in the shop getting new software and to be honest, i have never mastered the operation of it and can barely understand the potiential of it. what i need is a book titled 'dreamboxes for dummies' so i can get a handle on this new [to me] tech. Or, could we connect by PM or phone and if you have the time, maybe you could explain [like you would to a 10 yr old] the operation of my new toy that i don't know how to play with. I'd be willing to pay [in bhatt or beer] for your services.

Happy Songkran!!

OK Truman, sounds like you have some understanding on how to operate these new dreamboxes. mine is still in the shop getting new software and to be honest, i have never mastered the operation of it and can barely understand the potiential of it. what i need is a book titled 'dreamboxes for dummies' so i can get a handle on this new [to me] tech. Or, could we connect by PM or phone and if you have the time, maybe you could explain [like you would to a 10 yr old] the operation of my new toy that i don't know how to play with. I'd be willing to pay [in bhatt or beer] for your services.

Happy Songkran!!

and once jaideeguy gets the jist of it then I might have to get one after a couple months of trouble free viewing that is. :o

what does a guy have to do to get trouble free, free satellite? :D

• 1 year later...

hi everyone, just getting this thread up and wondering if there are now any dealers in chiang mai selling them China made versions of DM500. Anyone got one set up at home via ethernet to the PC instead of using SmartCards? Really want to learn more about installing and setting up up the Dreambox.

I have a DM500 Dreambox that works great. I have it hooked up to my wireless ADSL router. It works like a dream! I bought it here in Chiang Mai. Since it is connected to my wireless router, it will send the video from the Dreambox to anywhere in my house. It's a very cool machine. I have it looped into my Dynasat F1 so I can still move my dish to watch content from other satellites.

I have a DM500 Dreambox that works great. I have it hooked up to my wireless ADSL router. It works like a dream! I bought it here in Chiang Mai. Since it is connected to my wireless router, it will send the video from the Dreambox to anywhere in my house. It's a very cool machine. I have it looped into my Dynasat F1 so I can still move my dish to watch content from other satellites.

richard,

where did u buy it at in chiang mai and did u set it up yourself??

TB..

richard,

where did u buy it at in chiang mai and did u set it up yourself??

TB..

My dealer made sure all the right codes was in the box but I had to point the dish at the particular satellite I wanted to use. When I got home I hooked it up to the internet and had to play with it a bit. There is a definite learning curve to it. I messed it up once or twice but my dealer made fixed things back up for me.

It works very good but if your internet goes out, so does your satellite. It is worth getting!

Phone number, address or directions of dealer please.

Hmmmm.....while Thailand does nothing when it comes to stopping the pirating of items outside this country they do seem to frown on it for businesses in Thailand. I think I would have to know a person personally before I introduce him to my satellite dealer. I would never post it online. Sorry.

However, I suspect, that if you see a satellite dealer in Chiang Mai, stop by and ask for the Dreambox. If they have it, they probably can help you obtain services to fully utilize your purchase.

I finally found an excuse to become a member of thaivisa. I (actually my wife) built a house jusst outside of Bosang. I was talked into purchasing a dynasat system that uses the F1 box and I can move the dish to pick up around 20 sat. systems. In actuality, I only look at KU aguilla and one out of Malaysia when KU aguilla doesn't work, which is often. I have had it since Feb. 2007 and for the first 4 months, it worked alright. It didn't work after sunset and on rainy/cloudy days. I purchased it from a local in Bosang that doesn't speak much English (and I don't speak much Thai) and for the first year, he came within 5-6 days after I called him to tell him I wasn't picking anything up (I'd wait usually at least 2 weeks before calling him to see if the box would re-set itself) and he could re-set it usually. For the past 9-10 months, its been getting worse, and the few times that I was able to get the person that I bought the system from to my house, he wasn't able to get it fixed (or put in the right code). I haven't even bothered to turn it on for at least 2 months. I am in the U.S. and could buy the DM500 dreambox now. Or wait 6 months and see if a semi-permanent solution becomes available. At least I know (or hope) that I don't have a completely worthless dynasat system and that there are alternatives in the Chiang Mai area to using my local dealer in Bosang.

Hmmmm.....while Thailand does nothing when it comes to stopping the pirating of items outside this country they do seem to frown on it for businesses in Thailand. I think I would have to know a person personally before I introduce him to my satellite dealer. I would never post it online. Sorry.

However, I suspect, that if you see a satellite dealer in Chiang Mai, stop by and ask for the Dreambox. If they have it, they probably can help you obtain services to fully utilize your purchase.

thank you for the information richard. hope you enjoy your system.

I finally found an excuse to become a member of thaivisa. I (actually my wife) built a house jusst outside of Bosang. I was talked into purchasing a dynasat system that uses the F1 box and I can move the dish to pick up around 20 sat. systems. In actuality, I only look at KU aguilla and one out of Malaysia when KU aguilla doesn't work, which is often. I have had it since Feb. 2007 and for the first 4 months, it worked alright. It didn't work after sunset and on rainy/cloudy days. I purchased it from a local in Bosang that doesn't speak much English (and I don't speak much Thai) and for the first year, he came within 5-6 days after I called him to tell him I wasn't picking anything up (I'd wait usually at least 2 weeks before calling him to see if the box would re-set itself) and he could re-set it usually. For the past 9-10 months, its been getting worse, and the few times that I was able to get the person that I bought the system from to my house, he wasn't able to get it fixed (or put in the right code). I haven't even bothered to turn it on for at least 2 months. I am in the U.S. and could buy the DM500 dreambox now. Or wait 6 months and see if a semi-permanent solution becomes available. At least I know (or hope) that I don't have a completely worthless dynasat system and that there are alternatives in the Chiang Mai area to using my local dealer in Bosang.

the F1 system that you have needs to be re-configured all the time. transmissions from the Agila and Measat are encrypted differently all the time. so unless you have really good skills when it comes to programming your box, its better not to invest in that system. Unless all you do is watch FTA programming.

I can get all the religious stations that I care for. I have talked to Dynasat employees when they have a booth set up outside of a large Tesco store. I learned how to put in the code that they give me but it usually only last 2-3 days. Its going to be a couple of months before comong back but I have seen the Dreambox DM500 with remote control for $160.00 in U.S. I'm going to assume that it would be more expensive in Thailand. Hopefully, if the box need to be programed, I can find someone, maybe even the person that sold me my Dynasat system, to do it for me.

Fair enough, any chance of giving me a PM?

If not, I know where to get the dreambox from China, would it be fairly easy to setup if I were to get a local satelite dealer to install a moving dish?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

When I came to Thailand last January I was quickly iritated to renew everytime the codes for the dream box.

There is a very easy way.

Buy a original dream box from dream tv from the Phillipins.

It will cost you around 15000THB included a new receiver and a one year free TV for all the channels.

So better to pay something than to loose everytime the channels.

Eric

Fair enough, any chance of giving me a PM?

If not, I know where to get the dreambox from China, would it be fairly easy to setup if I were to get a local satelite dealer to install a moving dish?

Thanks in advance.

how did you do that? as i have my DM500 hooked to my wireless Linksys router as well, but thats just the dsl part. Im sure each tv will need wireless signal receiver box?

where to buy? details please?

cheers :o

how did you do that? as i have my DM500 hooked to my wireless Linksys router as well, but thats just the dsl part. Im sure each tv will need wireless signal receiver box?

I use my laptop. The dreambox sends the video signal to the wireless router and the router sends it to any available computer with wireless capabilities. I type in the IP address of the dreambox (it has an IP address) in my web browser and a website that is prestored in the dreambox comes up. The dreambox website will even let me change channels on the dreambox. When I do, I can see the channel change on the TV as well. Which means, where ever I take my laptop within the range of my router, I can watch TV.

The dreambox even has Shoutcast (like winamp) that lets me listen to internet radio without being hooked up to a computer. I select the type of music (for me its country music) I want to listen to from a list (I see on my TV screen) produced from the Shoutcast website and the music streams from the internet, to the dreambox and out to my TV. I have my dreambox tied into my hi-fi system so I turn off the tv and listen to like I would listen to the radio at home. Internet radio is a very cool feature of the dreambox.

cheers :D

I use my laptop. The dreambox sends the video signal to the wireless router and the router sends it to any available computer with wireless capabilities. I type in the IP address of the dreambox (it has an IP address) in my web browser and a website that is prestored in the dreambox comes up. The dreambox website will even let me change channels on the dreambox. When I do, I can see the channel change on the TV as well. Which means, where ever I take my laptop within the range of my router, I can watch TV.

The dreambox even has Shoutcast (like winamp) that lets me listen to internet radio without being hooked up to a computer. I select the type of music (for me its country music) I want to listen to from a list (I see on my TV screen) produced from the Shoutcast website and the music streams from the internet, to the dreambox and out to my TV. I have my dreambox tied into my hi-fi system so I turn off the tv and listen to like I would listen to the radio at home. Internet radio is a very cool feature of the dreambox.