Overstaying in Thailand during the Covid outbreak

fio....

Medical Certificate for General Passenger Date ..................................................................... I, ............................................................................................................ is a certified medical doctor (name of MD.) and is holding medical license number ...................................................................................................................... have examined ................................................................................... on date ....................................................................... (name of client) and have found .....................................................................................................free from the following disease (name of client) 1. Coronavirus Disease – 2019 (COVID-19) In the past 14 days with evidence of negative testing for COVID-19 not more than 48 hours before departure (specify test and date ...........................................................................................) Signature ..................................................... MD. (...........................................................................) Clinic/hospital name........................................................................ Address..................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................................... ...........................................................................................................................

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/g_form/general01.pdf

I went today to Immi Udonthani and asked for 30 day extension. I have Visa married with Thai wife. Finish on 23rd March. Extension only with letter of embassy. Which i not got from Sunday untill today. Embassy not open. No reply on emaIL:

2nd attempt was extension 60 days visit thai familiy. Asked Marriage Certificate which i hand over. After waiting a while his answer: Must talk with thai wife. So need to come back. But not sure what he will ask next. But for sure have 1 day overstay

51 minutes ago, nihil30 said:

I went today to Immi Udonthani and asked for 30 day extension. I have Visa married with Thai wife. Finish on 23rd March. Extension only with letter of embassy. Which i not got from Sunday untill today. Embassy not open. No reply on emaIL:

2nd attempt was extension 60 days visit thai familiy. Asked Marriage Certificate which i hand over. After waiting a while his answer: Must talk with thai wife. So need to come back. But not sure what he will ask next. But for sure have 1 day overstay

You wife is required to be with you when you apply for a 60 day extension to visit her.

Contacted the UK embassy but as yet no response however found this on one of their listings...

fio...UK subjects...bit convoluted but. as said....

UK subjects.....COVID-19 Visa Extension Letter (assume it covers all visas...but..??)

This service is Available for British Nationals who entered Thailand with a Tourist visa and have already extended this at Immigration, have had their flight to UK/place of residence Cancelled and Cannot reschedule their flight until after their Visa expires.

To apply, email 

[email protected] with evidence of:

1. Copy of Biodata page of passport 
  2. Visa stamp/sticker with Expiry date 
  3. Evidence of the Cancelled flight to UK/place of Residence (showing date of travel before the visa expiry date) 
  4. Visa of country of residence if this is not UK/EU
  5. Where possible, evidence of Re-scheduled/re-booked flight