Covid-19 Information Center calls on people to "stay home, stop the virus"

rooster59

Covid-19 Information Center calls on people to "stay home, stop the virus"

supawadee wangsri

38ec933c6b79556f4f521c09b4998f88_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The COVID-19 Information Center is calling on people to refrain from moving out of their local area and is asking them to help promote the "stay home, stop the virus" campaign.

Government Spokesperson Naruemon Pinyosinwat said today the Prime Minister had emphasized that he didn’t want people to focus on the term "sealing the country" but instead wanted them to focus on the measures and the outcome. She went on to say that Thai people are not prohibited from returning to the country. However, the government’s measures may result in more inconvenience so people are asked to remain patient and follow the government’s measures by refraining from unnecessary travel, which will help efficiently control the epidemic. The government’s measure to close places and risk areas is to bring about behavior adjustment and social distancing, so that people will stay home to prepare themselves in case the situation escalates. The public is also asked to listen to information from the government only.

The Government Spokesperson added that if Bangkok really needs to be closed, the government has plans for food, necessities, and a delivery process to support people. In the meantime, people are asked to adjust their lifestyle by staying at home and not going to crowded places. Many agencies are also to authorize home-based work.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-03-22
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

people need to die first before action is taken

i  dont  think that  really  effects  the  mentality  either,  just  today  was  next  to  a trailer  lorry  unloading steel ,  2  tyres with  holes  thru  to  the canvas .  6inches  long and an inch  wide........big  fat  bellied  semi clothed  fat  driver next  to  it...................he  so  looked  responsible

11 hours ago, justin case said:

so NOTHING for expats and their visas.... go to your embassy , try to beg for a 30 days paper, go to immigration and beg for 30 days extension, again and again

go  in coughing  like  buggery,  youll soon get their attention

• Haha 1

The same bulls*hit as in all European countries with the notable exception of the Netherlands and Switzerland.
The only country, apart from China, that managed to get out of Covid-19 very quickly is South Korea, which favored rapid screening of the entire population.
Only those with Covid-19 are quarantined and treated;
here, as in France or in Italy or in the USA, you do exactly the opposite; thing which in addition completely disorganizes the economy.
In a way this bulls*hit made in Europe and in Thailand will allow to set the record straight, economically speaking.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Letseng said:

"Keeping Distance saves Lives"

Thailand should adopt this slogan. Whatever picture I see tells me they are doing the opposite. Tourists are no better.

I have just been to London to get a new O-A Multiple Entry Visa with the aim of extending it within the year allowed. Arriving back at BKK early evening last Thursday it was fairly quiet and everything was going smoothly until we approached Immigration. The entrance was blocked by Airport Workers who interviewed us individually, took photos of our passports and noted other info down - all of this had already been carried out by the London Embassy or was checked again by an Immigration later. The result, of course, was to ensure that a small crowd of 50 - 100 people achieved separation of about 2 cm nowhere near 2 metres!

To top it all when I went to collect my bags, Emirates had lost them and my bags weren't the only ones. Got them delivered to my home 48 hours later, complete and undamaged.

Doesn't look like much has changed. Neighbours still left for work this morning just as any other day. Just "encouraging" Thai people to stay home or work from home isn't going to go very far.   

“ behaviour adjustment and social distancing”......such as closing Bangkok and forcing them to return home and head for the bus station.  Great example of leadership. 

Edited by Kadilo

23 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Impossible to control in a society like here. Most people buy all their food, drinks etc outside each day. 

I think this is so.  For many years when I worked in England Friday was pay day , Saturday was shopping day , is it so different here , I doubt it . Tesco Lotus is at its busiest Saturday morning , ok a good time to shop if you work all week but here there is no panic buying as most up here can only afford 1 weeks shopping at a time. Yesterday ( and a Saturday )  not only no panic but no waiting in queues , My daughter skyped from S.Devon yesterday and a damn sight worse than here all round.

There are still too many foreigners, residents or tourists shopping without face mask. It is ruthless to other people, especially disrespectful to the local people who protect themselves with masks. We are guests in Thailand let's behave as respectful guests.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:37 PM, bangkokfrog said:

Yes, as the information published by the government so far has been so clear, logical and accurate, who could possibly believe any other sources, especially overseas ones... except for China that is.

Adventures of Tom, Dick, and Harry in the Age of Corona Virus

May be Tom (truck driver), Dick (plumber), and Harry (brick layer) were not able to comprehend the stay-at-home instrctions because of their low comprehension ability. Do not go to the bar even if it is open. How hard was that to understand?

Today I saw Harry sitting alone in a closed open air bar and drinking beer. After few minutes and Tom and Dick joined them. Alas, there were no Lisa, Suzy, or Mon. They were eating somtam nere by. As soon as they saw handsome Tom, Dick, and Harry drinking beer with their beer belly cooled by the evening breeze, the som tam eating trio joined them. I had to puke at the ghastly scene and ran from there.

to be continued...

Edited by Mulambana
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 8:34 AM, rooster59 said:

The COVID-19 Information Center is calling on people to refrain from moving out of their local area and is asking them to help promote the "stay home, stop the virus" campaign.

Unless you are a foreigner stuck in Thailand.  Then you're expected to travel, pack together like sardines at immigration and at your embassy, and generally expose yourself to the virus due to forced interaction with others in order to keep from becoming an involuntary overstay.  But, you're just foreigners.  No biggie if you get exposed and spread the virus. Then Thai media will be complaining about foreign super-spreader as they blame the victims. 
The hypocrisy is mind-blowing. 

Edited by connda
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Misab said:

There are still too many foreigners, residents or tourists shopping without face mask. It is ruthless to other people, especially disrespectful to the local people who protect themselves with masks. We are guests in Thailand let's behave as respectful guests.

It's not a foreigner thing Mr Anutin.  I see the same proportion of Thais not wearing masks.  It's not just <da*m> farangs.