Covid19 Tests - how many have been done in Thailand?

bbi1

I would be interested to know as well.  What I can advise is that the family back in Thailand (multiple locations) have said that if they take the test (go to a hospital) and they are negative, then they have to pay, but free if they are positive. My relos said 5000 to 8000 - but some others have said as low as 3000. So obviously the only ones getting tested are the well off, and those with the symptoms and who present to hospital for treatment - and then it is free either way - but they gotta be sick with the symptoms.   So very likely that the number of tests are very low and the number of positives is very high.   

3 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

So very likely that the number of tests are very low and the number of positives is very high.   

That's my thoughts as well. Was wanting to see if there are any official stats to how many have been tested here in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

That's my thoughts as well. Was wanting to see if there are any official stats to how many have been tested here in Thailand.

"Ideally, we would like to have as much detail about COVID-19 tests as possible. We would like to know how many people in the world are being tested for COVID-19 every day, and in which countries. We’d like to know what the results of these tests are, and how the available tests are being used  – are countries testing only people in hospitals? People with symptoms?

Unfortunately, the WHO does not have a centralized database for COVID-19 testing data, so at the moment it is very hard to know."

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

Scroll down the above website and you will see the results they have obtained across those countries that are publishing. Thailand does not appear to be publishing the numbers tested - and China seems to have stopped reporting that too.

The most striking results for me were on the Diamond Princess where 4000 were quarantined. Less than 800 were tested over the quarantine period. So Japan, a first rate nation with excellent health care was only able to test 20% of the limited population in 2 weeks. These test kits for new viruses are not lying around, sitting on shelves  waiting to be used by the billion when SARSCoV-2 pops its head up.....they have to be made to order...and then millions of expensive PCR machines are not sitting around waking for the virus to come along either. Things may have improved sine I last used a PCR, but its run time for each viral sample was 24 hours. 

The remarkable thing is not the lack of kits, its that there were any.

I think Thailand’s numbers on this virus are kind of like the numbers they gave you for road fatalities and they don’t count the ones that died in the ambulance or die in the hospital Only the ones that die on the road count how crazy is that So if you think you’re going to get the real numbers in the Thailand government you’re Trippin TIT

How reliable are all - or any - of the tests on people suspected of being infected with the so-called SARS-CoV-2 virus?

And just how valid is the data used to justifty draconian anti-virus measures which pose a significant threat to fragile economies?

These vital issues, virtually ignored by the mass media, are explored here. . . 

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/03/15/how-many-people-have-coronavirus/

. . . and here:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Sad 1