You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Mental Health : It's time to get STRONGER

Ventenio

4 hours ago, Ventenio said:

In 30-years when another clusterfk happens, people are going to say, "wow, you are like a pro at this."

Not if they are speaking to me?? more likely to say "Jesus! you were lucky to have survived to be a Bl00dy relic" ???? 

26 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

mental health will be at a premium for a great many people,

its too late for me. i will just slow you down. leave me behind. you will all be able to move faster without me.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

its too late for me. i will just slow you down. leave me behind. you will all be able to move faster without me.    

sounds like a plan for survival, I'll do likewise - going to hunker down and chill. You need to get a test kit and ensure you have healthy companionship for this 6 month (or more) hurricane. Love heals all..

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

sounds like a plan for survival, I'll do likewise - going to hunker down and chill. You need to get a test kit and ensure you have healthy companionship for this 6 month (or more) hurricane. Love heals all..

We are all in right place right here in Thailand when <deleted> hits the fan! Where the Survival of the fittest is the law

With the increase in self isolating, a good time to start using the phone with friends and family, it's free for Line and WhatsApp that most of us use.

It's a bleak time for many financially even before catching the virus, hopefully light at the end of the tunnel soon

12 hours ago, Ventenio said:

1.  Love yourself, don't trade your life for anyone's.  Nobody.  

2.  Sharpen your craft, enhance your strengths.  Whatever you are good at, get better at it.

3.  Small stuff is not a war.  If you think a Thai gives you a bad look, inside laugh it off.  never think about it.  

4.  In such darkness, your true power might come out.  This might be what you need.

5.  Be strong in front of others (hopefully on the phone), and let them know you were born for this stuff

6.  It's one life.  Bring it on.  Get that mind strong like a diamond.  Do 10,000 push-ups a day if you want.  

7.  Good, our generation (UK, America) hasn't seen the great depression, dust bowl (?), massive starvation, wars on our homeland, genocide......etc.......It's good we won't go our entire life worrying about an iPhone update.  Sure, I wish this never happened, but it did.  We have ONE job:  Stay smart.  

8.  Think of all the great things you did in your life.  Then think about a farmer living in a shack for 100 baht a day.  He's not on TV being a snowflake, he's pushing on.  

9.  Negative friends, get rid of them.  now.

10.  last one:  Life isn't over, so get a piece of paper, a #2 pencil, and give yourself a goal.  

1. Truly selfish

2. What if you are good at your work, and your company closed. How do you get better?

3. Why would we think Thais give us a bad look? I thought you were promoting better mental health and not a psychopatic behaviour.

4. Too much life with Ultraman, I suppose?

5. Nobody is born to deal with a virus outbreak. Just doesn´t exist. Why would you promote lying to others?

6. 10 000 puch-ups a day???? Hey, Superman, that would be close to 7 push-ups per minute 24h a day. You need to eat too!

7. Everyone is not smart. 

8. Would take up to much time.

9. So, first you promote encourage people, After that you should push your friends that is not same strong away. That´s not nice and also falls under double standards.

10. Are you trying to say that people need a virus outbreak to set up goals for themself?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ventenio said:

1.  Love yourself, don't trade your life for anyone's.  Nobody.  

2.  Sharpen your craft, enhance your strengths.  Whatever you are good at, get better at it.

3.  Small stuff is not a war.  If you think a Thai gives you a bad look, inside laugh it off.  never think about it.  

4.  In such darkness, your true power might come out.  This might be what you need.

5.  Be strong in front of others (hopefully on the phone), and let them know you were born for this stuff

6.  It's one life.  Bring it on.  Get that mind strong like a diamond.  Do 10,000 push-ups a day if you want.  

7.  Good, our generation (UK, America) hasn't seen the great depression, dust bowl (?), massive starvation, wars on our homeland, genocide......etc.......It's good we won't go our entire life worrying about an iPhone update.  Sure, I wish this never happened, but it did.  We have ONE job:  Stay smart.  

8.  Think of all the great things you did in your life.  Then think about a farmer living in a shack for 100 baht a day.  He's not on TV being a snowflake, he's pushing on.  

9.  Negative friends, get rid of them.  now.

10.  last one:  Life isn't over, so get a piece of paper, a #2 pencil, and give yourself a goal.  

11. watch Rocky training montages over and over again .. win Rocky win!!!

• Haha 1

Although I fully support the intent of the OP's post, the problem that I see is that people who are overwrought, highly-stressed, confused, are unlikely to be able to be thinking clearly enough to absorb, and act on, the precepts listed.

An item which was absent in the schedule was support, reliance on, and counselling from, good friends and mentors, etc. (even at a distance; Skype, telephone, LINE, and so on).  They may be able to act, initially, as a calming influence, and then go on to interact on some of the precepts which they believe would help the subject.