letter from U.S. Embassy-

9 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

hey all. just want to report to the community that i was able to successfully get my visa extended with the letter from US embassy WITH NAME AND PASSPORT NUMBER on it. 

this is my 2nd extension coming in on visa exempt stamp. normally we americans can only extend once for 30 days. this letter helped me get a second extension for 30 days. 

i came to cw on monday with a us embassy letter without my name on it and was denied. tuesday got a letter with my name on it and today was able to get the extension

That's awesome! Congratulations! ☺️

So you need for every further 30days extension a new letter from your embassy right?

13 minutes ago, bestie said:

That's awesome! Congratulations! ☺️

So you need for every further 30days extension a new letter from your embassy right?

yes thats what the io said. they she didn't clarify how she would verify that it was a new letter

• Thanks 1

I'm in the same position as fondue zoo, but a guardian non 'o' visa. I wrote my US embassy a few days ago and got the generic letter. After reading a bit here, I e-mailed again and got a 'personalized' letter within a few hours with my name, DOB, and passport number on it. 

It was very quick. I sent the e-mail about 6.30 this morning and had the new one before 10.00 am. The 'personalization' is nothing that I couldn't have done myself to the 1st one sent to me, as it's only my details added to the bottom of the generic letter (risking forgery) but at least now I can bring it up on my e-mail and show immi CW proof that it came from US embassy. I'm going to try to go to CW tomorrow, missus and kids in tow (unfortunately).

Good luck everyone. Please stay safe.

This same post was accidentally posted to the Australian Letter topic. This is a re-post. Mods please delete the previous post in the Australian Letter topic. Sorry I made that mistake!

2 hours ago, bangkokboy888 said:

hey all. just want to report to the community that i was able to successfully get my visa extended with the letter from US embassy WITH NAME AND PASSPORT NUMBER on it. 

this is my 2nd extension coming in on visa exempt stamp. normally we americans can only extend once for 30 days. this letter helped me get a second extension for 30 days. 

i came to cw on monday with a us embassy letter without my name on it and was denied. tuesday got a letter with my name on it and today was able to get the extension

great news for everyone concerned-

1 hour ago, dayward1 said:

I'm in the same position as fondue zoo, but a guardian non 'o' visa. I wrote my US embassy a few days ago and got the generic letter. After reading a bit here, I e-mailed again and got a 'personalized' letter within a few hours with my name, DOB, and passport number on it. 

It was very quick. I sent the e-mail about 6.30 this morning and had the new one before 10.00 am. The 'personalization' is nothing that I couldn't have done myself to the 1st one sent to me, as it's only my details added to the bottom of the generic letter (risking forgery) but at least now I can bring it up on my e-mail and show immi CW proof that it came from US embassy. I'm going to try to go to CW tomorrow, missus and kids in tow (unfortunately).

Good luck everyone. Please stay safe.

This same post was accidentally posted to the Australian Letter topic. This is a re-post. Mods please delete the previous post in the Australian Letter topic. Sorry I made that mistake!

i thought is was only for tourists NOT non O visa holders

On 3/24/2020 at 3:27 PM, 4evermaat said:

I sent an email a several hours ago with full name as it appears on the current passport, date of birth, and passport # and they replied.   it was like 2-3 hour turnaround time.   I assume they do it in batches.

I will try the local immigration later this week or early next week and see what happens.  I'll aim for the 60 day extension for visiting Thai family.

image001.png.08c83d4bde08f930cd083fe38a14675b.png

I didn't need this letter at all to get the 60 day extension of stay for visiting Thai family.   Totally different category of extension.

But good to know the US Embassy provided quick turnaround time and didnt have any ridiculous restrictions on who they would issue the letter to.