60 day visiting Thai family extension of stay - docs

Currently on a ME non-O with an entry that will expire in about a week.  Borders are currently closed for border runs from Covid-19 situation.

Wanted to know the documentation + monetary requirements to apply for extension of stay for visiting Thai family for 60 days (not the 1 year extension).   Not married, but have 1/2 Thai son and on amicable terms with mother. 

I will be going to the Chumphon immigration.   So any local/regional specifics is also appreciated.

Mother may not be able to come, but can get copies of her ID, etc.  Son will likely be coming with me.  (is it a requirement that family member(s) come??)

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Thanks 1

got it done.

• application to extend the stay, 60 day request for visiting Thai family
  • 1 passport photo glued to the application page (they provide the stik glue)
  • copy of passport bio page
  • copy of entry stamp page (think tm.6 was also copied also on the same page.  I didn't have it; they copied it for free and made me sign it)
  • copy of birth certificate (showed original)
  • copy of mom's id card
  • copy of tambien baan for mom and child
  • copy of old lease agreement in mom's name (I just advised I was staying with her or a friends house)
  • present kid in person
  • original of elementary school "attendance letter"  (over the age of 7, without ID card) [local office request]

also made to sign notification of overstay consequences, and another disclaimer-type of document for reason for extension changes.

I did NOT show the Embassy emergency letter, nor did I need it.  I brought 3 copies of everything but you just needed one.   Overall the Chumphon office was not so busy.  Good luck getting through via phone.   Best to have someone go inside and request information or chat on phone if you want to avoid 2 trips.   I ended up making a second trip to get the school attendance letter and take son in with me (first time the corona virus scared the mother).

You complete the app and hand over the docs with 1900 baht.  waited about 20-30 minutes.   Then I was called to the desk and made to take a photo with immigration computer (similar to the border immigration office).  Then they give you your passport and a receipt(!?!).  I double-checked the stamp and then i'm off.

A receipt???????? Am I in the correct office?   But honestly the experience wasn't as unpleasant as I imagined.   I remember helping someone else a couple of years ago with a 1 year retirement extension....different staff....express fees boldly asked for, etc.

--------------------

FYI:  Initially before I mentioned extending to visit family, she saw non-immigrant O and suggested that I could only get 7 day extension.   It's almost like they have no idea what is going on with the Corona situation + borders being locked down.   But that's a different discussion I guess.

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Thanks 1