letter from U.S. Embassy-

42 minutes ago, john thom said:

beachproperty-  After u.s embassy stopped giving letters of income, they wouldn't renew my extension unless I could show 12 months of transfers from my u.s bank to my thai bank. At the time I only had 3 months. Sisaket io refused, stating not enough transfers ( even after I showed them information from Bangkok stating to renew because of new law starting Jan 1 2019, and nobody would have 12 months). They told me to go to Laos, and get 90 day non o imm. so that's what I've been doing till I have 12 months of transfers

Somewhat off topic, but you state that you have been doing border-runs to Laos to get a 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa, this in order in mean-time to build up 12 months of 65K transfers which will enable you to apply for the 1-year extension for your Non Imm O - retirement Visa.

But why did you not apply at the Savannakhet consulate for the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - retirement Visa?  The application requirements are identical as for the 90-day SingleEntry Non Imm O - retirement Visa, only difference being the fee (5.000 THB for the 1-year ME vs 2.000 THB for the 90-day SE).  With that 1-year MultipleEntry Non-Imm O - retirement Visa there is also no need for keeping money locked up in a thai bank, no need to apply for the 1-year extension, no need for Re-Entry permits and no need for 90-day reports.  Only drawback being that that Visa only provides you with a 90-day permission to stay, after which you need to do a border-run (can be done same day) which will provide you once again with 90-days permission to stay.  Timed right you can get 15 months of stay out of that Visa without any IO-hassle.

Edited by Peter Denis

23 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You are some peace of work! That was before I posted my reply. Did you see the like on my reply from beachproperty after that? Now of course not. You were just too busy trying to feed your impulse to reply with irrelevant information. Please check things up before making stupid mistakes.

Wow, accusing @Tanoshiof making 'stupid mistakes'... 

Tanoshi being one of the few 'always trusted' sources of correct info on the Forum, the likes of UbonJoe and BritTim and a couple of others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Somewhat off topic, but you state that you have been doing border-runs to Laos to get a 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa, this in order in mean-time to build up 12 months of 65K transfers which will enable you to apply for the 1-year extension for your Non Imm O - retirement Visa.

But why did you not apply at the Savannakhet consulate for the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - retirement Visa?  The application requirements are identical as for the 90-day SingleEntry Non Imm O - retirement Visa, only difference being the fee (5.000 THB for the 1-year ME vs 2.000 THB for the 90-day SE).  With that 1-year MultipleEntry Non-Imm O - retirement Visa there is also no need for keeping money locked up in a thai bank, no need to apply for the 1-year extension, no need for Re-Entry permits and no need for 90-day reports.  Only drawback being that that Visa only provides you with a 90-day permission to stay, after which you need to do a border-run (can be done same day) which will provide you once again with 90-days permission to stay.  Timed right you can get 15 months of stay out of that Visa without any IO-hassle.

don't know why I didn't- ill informed information from sisaket io. still needed 12 months, or 800k I thought

5 minutes ago, john thom said:

don't know why I didn't- ill informed information from sisaket io. still needed 12 months, or 800k I thought

When things have cleared up and you can once again cross the border to the Savannakhet consulate, you could consider applying for that 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - retirement Visa rather than for the 90-day SingleEntry version.  With the 1-year ME you can also apply at the end of any 90-day permission to stay it provides, for the 1-year extension in country.  But the advantage being that in case your extension is refused, you can simply do a border-run to once again get a 90-day permission to stay and are not forced to apply for a new Visa again (as you wold have to do with the 90-day SingleEntry one).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When things have cleared up and you can once again cross the border to the Savannakhet consulate, you could consider applying for that 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - retirement Visa rather than for the 90-day SingleEntry version.  With the 1-year ME you can also apply at the end of any 90-day permission to stay it provides, for the 1-year extension in country.  But the advantage being that in case your extension is refused, you can simply do a border-run to once again get a 90-day permission to stay and are not forced to apply for a new Visa again (as you wold have to do with the 90-day SingleEntry one).

good information. thank you- stay safe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I thought ONLY Penang issued a 1 year NON O VISA based on being over 50?

Edited by phuketrichard

10 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

I thought ONLY Penang issued a 1 year NON O VISA based on being over 50?

At least one recent confirmed report of a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - retirement Visa being issued by the Savannakhet consulate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

i'd love to see it, otherwise...

by all other reports its only Penang.

Here is the link >

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1143087-type-o-visa-options-at-savannkhet-consulate/?do=findComment&comment=15104001

I also PM-ed the poster for more info and he was quite helpful and provided me with scans of his previous as well as his recent 1-year ME Non Imm O - retirement Visa that he received at the Savannakhet consulate.

• Like 1

Just Back From Chiang Rai IO was told I needed the letter from US Consulate requesting an extension of stay based on Covid 19 Situation. Talked To US Consulate Today. They are ready to issue this letter only to those that specifically request it. For my individual situation 30 Day SETV.

IO requested the following a copy of my passport, copy of my TM6, a new passport photo, filled out TM 7. 

Then go back and wait hours in the crowded Chiang Rai IO. 

Hopefully this works. 

G. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, whitewolfchefny said:

IO requested the following a copy of my passport, copy of my TM6, a new passport photo, filled out TM 7.

Do they require also a proof of address where you are staying? 

I.e. a current TM30 being filed?

The British Embassy is now issuing the required letter, but only in the case of Tourist type visas and only in the case where your flight has been cancelled.

COVID-19 Visa Extension Letter

This service is available for British Nationals who entered Thailand with a tourist visa and have already extended this at Immigration, have had their flight to UK/place of residence cancelled and cannot reschedule their flight until after their visa expires.

To apply, email [email protected] with evidence of:

1. Copy of biodata page of passport 
  2. Visa stamp/sticker with expiry date 
  3. Evidence of the cancelled flight to UK/place of residence (showing date of travel before the visa expiry date) 
  4. Visa of country of residence if this is not UK/EU
  5. Where possible, evidence of re-scheduled/re-booked flight 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand?fbclid=IwAR1-BfFk_c0qZafYCy7OZ_NQbEXtG4hx7In3iNwEuMhLSwXOMgoXO2x7vHc#covid-19-visa-extension-letter

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It appears they have gotten it wrong. The letter is not need to extend a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

Not surprised.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Also no need for proof of a flight cancelation in the immigration memo.

That's obviously a condition by the Embassy to issue such a letter.

I interpret that to mean if a British citizens still has the opportunity to leave Thailand, then they should do so.

18 hours ago, PST said:

Why dont you just extend your current 90 day permission to stay by 60 days when or just before it expires. Any entry of a 90 day permission to stay can be extended by 60 DAYS

If like me one has already done the 60 day extension they immigration will not extend without a letter.My embassy says I should return home but I’m already home so welcome to my humble home overstay limbo tomorrow I will be living illegally in limbo.

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

but I’m already home so welcome to my humble home overstay limbo tomorrow I will be living illegally in limbo.

If this is your home is there a reason you do not have a one year extension which you should be able to renew?

• Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 10:37 AM, john thom said:

to bring ti thai io for 30 day extension of your visa, because of all border closings, and not being to do border runs

If you have a Non O already and want to convert to Retirement Visa and have more than 23 days left you might want to use a Visa Agent no Questions asked 14,000 baht. Message me if interested.

4 minutes ago, Robbie63 said:

If you have a Non O already and want to convert to Retirement Visa and have more than 23 days left you might want to use a Visa Agent no Questions asked 14,000 baht. Message me if interested.

Your not converting to anything. You'd simply be applying for an 'extension' (not a Visa) of your 90 day permission of stay granted from entry of a Non O Visa.

You could apply on the last day.

Either funds of 800K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application, OR 2 x 65K monthly overseas transfers.

• Like 2

A heads-up.

Yesterday I applied for and received the US Embassy Letter for use at Thailand Immigration.I just received an additional email with a revised letter. Apparently the first letter was drafted without the proper letterhead.

Good luck!

18 hours ago, bangkokboy888 said:

jsut got mine late this morning. will wake up at crack of dawn tomorrow to go to Chaengwattana to try

Please let us know how it goes with the emailed letter.  I'll be trying tomorrow and update then.